Parker Windows Removal

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodChance

Reaction score
Boat is 25ft 1986 PH

Problem: Need to remove windows in order to better prime/sand/paint boat. But windows have no apparent means of removal. No inner trim ring with screws holding the window in place.

Question: How are these windows removed?

I've installed many sets of Wynne windows and even some DSG but have never seen a set of window such as these.

Brent - Yes, but there is something else that secrures the window other than adheasive. Just not sure how to undo the inner ring. I'm thinking that the heavy gasket material is the "lock"; removing this will unlock the inner ring and allow me to remove the window from the outside.

Anyone have thoughts or comments?

Can't help with windows of that vintage, but I would call Wynne or the Parker factory and ask.
My guess is that they could tell you how they come out in a heartbeat. :wink:

The Parker factory number is: 252-728-5621

Mega -

That is my plan. I'll call Wynne tomorrow. I just wanted to get the windows out today.

Please let the rest of us know what you find out. I have a 1991 and someday will have to deal with the same issue. Thanks in advance.

I spoke to Wynne on Monday. They said that Parker used both Water Bonnett and Wynne windows in the 1980's and 1990's. Water Bonnet were used for the side windows as well as "fixed" front windows and Wynne were used for front windows that opened. Also, all Wynne windows have an inner (inside the cabin) ring; to remove the window, you simply unscrew the ring and the window falls outward.

Water Bonnett wondows don't have this ring. To remove, start at the outside and remove the vinyl insert inside the flange. Under the vinyl insert you will see the screw heads. Remove these and the window can be removed.

GoodChance":1fajbuk1 said:
I spoke to Wynne on Monday. They said that Parker used both Water Bonnett and Wynne windows in the 1980's and 1990's. Water Bonnet were used for the side windows as well as "fixed" front windows and Wynne were used for front windows that opened. Also, all Wynne windows have an inner (inside the cabin) ring; to remove the window, you simply unscrew the ring and the window falls outward.

Water Bonnett wondows don't have this ring. To remove, start at the outside and remove the vinyl insert inside the flange. Under the vinyl insert you will see the screw heads. Remove these and the window can be removed.

Excellent information.
Thank you!!

Took the front windows out this morning. I'll posst the photos later tonight.

Photos of the removal.

First, you need to pry out the small vinyl trim to reveal the screws.

Then unscrew, allow the inside trim ring to fall out and remove windows. Fortunately mine were installed with silicon. Sometimes the previous owner installs with 5200.

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 160
Back