Parker wiring

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Ronnie

Reaction score
I've just finished moving my 2 31 series batteries (about 140 lbs) from my transom to the front of my boat.
I moved everything, batteries, battery switch, breakers,ect... into the pilot house,
I've have had to replace the battery switch, and breakers every year because of corrosion being inside the transom !
I've got to say, Parker is not exactly impressing me with the quality of wiring they did.
Copper battery cables, copper terminal ends, electrical tape over terminal crimps at cables

ISN'T BOAT (TINNED) CABLE A COAST GUARD REQUIREMENT FOR BOAT BUILDERS ???
I ripped all the factory crap out , replaced with 2 gauge boat (tinned) cable, tinned terminal ends, high quality shrink tubing over crimps!

I hear ya' Ron, but Parker - like others, are forced to build some parts of the rig to a price.

Non-tinned cable? I can go that as long as other measures are taken, like closed end connectors and adhesive-lined heatshrink. One thing I must ask though ... could this be a 'dealer' issue with 'their' rigging techniques??

DaleH":2l2gr641 said:
I hear ya' Ron, but Parker - like others, are forced to build some parts of the rig to a price.

Non-tinned cable? I can go that as long as other measures are taken, like closed end connectors and adhesive-lined heatshrink. One thing I must ask though ... could this be a 'dealer' issue with 'their' rigging techniques??

Factory wiring Dale, copper cable, copper ends, electrical tape !!!
automotive breakers also !

I agree with Ron, I wasn't too impressed with the wring on my 2003 vintage Parker. Same thing. Copper ends, cable and electrical tape. I fear my boat is at the age where I will start having electrical issues back there. My washdown pump sh@#t the bed and I suspect it is in the wiring somewhere. I have not gotten into it yet but I'll let you guys know. I also plan on replacing battery cable ends and such back there.

Un-impressed to say the least, great boat, wiring needs a little help.

Ronnie:

You definitely do good work. You'll have a 100K dollar boat when you get finished with it.

I only paid 50K for mine new, and before I wrote a check, I inspected it, and took it for a sea trial. I knew exactly what I was getting for the money and there were no surprises.

jim

grouperjim":gd054gyh said:
Ronnie:

You definitely do good work. You'll have a 100K dollar boat when you get finished with it.

Absolutely. Parker is known for their high quality wiring. One of the few that have a factory made wiring harness and supply consumer with a boat specific wiring diagram.

All but the heavy battery cables are tinned wiring. Come to think of it, one of my favorite iconic brands (I'll not mention any names...G-W) does not use any tinned wire.

Go to the Parker site and look at owners comments. There's a guy in the Keys with a 23DVCC 1983 (?) vintage with original wiring. :wink:

Thats odd, I have an 06 2120 and I was pretty well satisfied with the wireing, and there certainly isnt any taped ends on mine. Its all pretty solid and weatherproofed.

Thats odd, I have an 06 2120 and I was pretty well satisfied with the wireing, and there certainly isnt any taped ends on mine. Its all pretty solid and weatherproofed.

Back