Permatrims

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brent, I’m surprised that you don’t have trim tabs on that big girl. Putting Lenco electric tabs would be the easier way to go or Bennett also has electric. Obviously tabs are a bigger project than the Permatrim but in a perfect world I would recommend the tabs first. That said, as far as I know, Permatrim is a one and only and is the only one that I would use. I would wait for it or try to source it somewhere else?

Personally I would never own a vessel without tabs. Perhaps it’s my OCD talking but underway it drives me nuts if I’m only a few degrees tilted off of level. As far as the permatrim goes it’s worth the wait. I installed one on mine and it’s a quality piece of equipment. I know a guy locally whose plastic hydro foil failed on him last week and ended up twisted in his prop (I have no idea how that happened).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mheltunen":142u7msx said:
Personally I would never own a vessel without tabs. Perhaps it’s my OCD talking but underway it drives me nuts if I’m only a few degrees tilted off of level. As far as the permatrim goes it’s worth the wait. I installed one on mine and it’s a quality piece of equipment. I know a guy locally whose plastic hydro foil failed on him last week and ended up twisted in his prop (I have no idea how that happened).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was one of those SE Sport 400's with the non penetrating compression discs..............that's exactly why it ended up in the prop.

I tried it, no matter what would slide back on me and one day it was gone.

Went with the drill through SE Sport 300 on my 2320 and have been very happy. These can be grabbed fairly cheap if you shop around.

Brent":3fahejoo said:
What size trim tabs for my 2320 with a bracket?

B2

Brent, I know you plan to go with Bennett but I just copied this link for reference purposes.
Factory would have been 12” x 12” ( L by W ). Length is from transum outward and width is a cross the transum. I changed out my 12x12’s for 12 x 18’s.

http://www.lencomarine.com/index.php/pr ... d=download

Absolutely nothing wrong with Bennett’s. Quality product from all accounts. My boat already had the Lenco system from the factory so when I upgraded the tabs and replaced the actuators, it was just easier to stick with Lenco’s as the control box and switch’s at the helm were still functional. If I was starting from scratch, I very well might have used Bennett’s myself.

djam":okhnygm9 said:
i recently put a permatrim on my boat (2320/300hp) and it makes a huge difference.

How did it make a difference? I just had a 300 HP Yammy put on my 2320 today....

Good question, so this is my impression so far.

Prior to the permatrim I felt the boat always rode with the bow in the air (more than I like) and would apply trim tabs to push the bow down and level out the ride. Doing this improved the ride, but my mpg seemed lower. No detailed analysis, partially because the swell was usually more at the same time i pushed the bow down.

Knowing that the Parker is known for this I borrowed a 4 blade prop as it is supposed to push the stern up. The prop I borrowed pushed the stern down and I got a better ride, but my mpg dropped and the motor always seemed to be working harder. The top end dropped a lot as well. I changed back to my SSII 17" and added the permatrim.

With the permatrim, the boat rides more like the 4 blade, but I have the stern lift and the boat seems to drive more level and even in the rougher conditions i've been out (2x so far) it has been noticeable smoothing of the ride, but my mpg remained solid. Both trips have been short distance (less than 30 miles each) and the short interval swell that makes it tough to get a solid high end run. I plan at about 18-20mph now, compared to 22-24 before. I've attached a few pics from my run back from Crystal Cove to Dana Point, about 10-12 miles.

For reference it was me (i'm 300+lbs), 120gal of fuel and 1/2 a bait tank (65 gal full) and all my crap and ice.

Attachments

• IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 291
Djam, thanks for the info...picking up my 2320 today...

San Diego. Brand new. Need to break it in tomorrow...then I will be getting the permatrims as I agree with you the 2320 rides with the stern up.

pfish":2mksacnr said:
San Diego. Brand new. Need to break it in tomorrow...then I will be getting the permatrims as I agree with you the 2320 rides with the stern up.

I'm in Orange County and there are a few of us new (and old) Parker owners local that share info and fishing dope. Most of us have ridden on each others boats to learn a few tricks. Nothing like riding on someone else's boat to get new perspective. I rode on Brad M's boat and decided I needed a bench and inside decking, Tom N rode on my boat and decided he needed a 300hp (lol, I guess that was an expensive ride for him). After playing with some of the other electronics I'm glad I got what I got. If you are interested PM me your cell and I'll text you.

Looking forward to pictures from your initial run.

Dave

Back