Picked up my 3rd Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouperjim

Reaction score
I sold my 06 2320 a couple of years ago due to a losing battle with skin cancer. Since then a new drug came out that has the potential to get rid of it. I responded well to it and have healed up completely.

Well, you know what that means.........another Parker of course. 8)

Picked up a new ice blue Parker 28 CCDV w/f300s. Still waiting for the trailer to be made so I can get it home.

Attachments

• 5803030_0_311219691600_11.jpg
    5803030_0_311219691600_11.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 580
GrouperJim is back in the saddle again! Wow! What a sweet ride it is..
Best of Luck and Most importantly continued Good Health!!

Now that's a BOAT. Good to hear you're doing well. Congrats

That's great news about your progress with the skin cancer Jim. Wish continued good health for you.
Now as to your new boat, wow! She is a beautiful boat! I guess your new strategy for the skin cancer is to limit your time on the water, twin 300's! I love it!!! :lol: Congratulations on both counts and happy for you that you are getting back on the water enjoying what you love.

Glad to hear you are back on the water! That is a great looking boat! Love the hull color. More pictures please. Look forward to hearing more about how she performs.

RumRunner":3h7hivia said:
Jim...congratulations! I have the same skin issues. Can you tell me the name of your new medication?
Thanks

Thanks guys.

The new drug for metastatic skin cancer is called Erivedge. It is a once a day chemotherapy pill prescribed from 6mo to a year and sometimes longer depending on results. Now that I am free of it, my plan is to use barrier sunscreen and protective clothing as I should have earlier in life. Doing this, I think I can make to the finish line with a fishing pole in my hands.

Jim,
So glad to hear that your treatment has been successful. I felt your pain the day you sold Mango Tango. I greatly respect your insight that you have shared on this forum; it has helped me be a better boater! Continued good health and fishing happiness on the (insert name here!).

Jim that is one sweet hotrod you have there. Use it in good health. I haven't had issues as bad as you have, but I have had my face cut on a few times. Stay health and enjoy!!!!

Congrats, glad you are back in the saddle. I did a few bouts of skin cancer on my face. Not fun for sure

Jim, welcome back to the Parker family. Very happy to hear that you are on the road to recovery and that you have purchased another Parker. Best of luck to you!

Back