Pilot screw turns out?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsw

Reaction score
Does anyone have the pilot screw turns out spec for 2004 2 stroke 150TXRC?

My Yamaha service manual has the other carb spec's, but for some reason doesn't have that line.

Seloc manual has 3/4 to 1-1/4 turns, which sounds like it may be about right but need to verify.

Carbs were rebuilt 2 years ago (not by me) for the first time since buying new, so not sure if they were set back to factory turns out or if the mechanic tweaked it to his liking. Ran OK last year. But this year has been sneezing / stalling at idle (pain in the butt when docking). So figured I'd see if resetting the pilot screws helps any. All fuel filters have been changed as part of regular startup and fuel pumps are only 2 years old. Runs pretty well otherwise, but did lose 300 rpm at WOT. Now maxes out at 4800 with still more throttle to go that doesn't do anything. That's probably a sign that carbs may be gunking up, as I haven't been able to use the boat with any kind of regularity this year.

That was going to be my next stop since I'll be ordering kits for the carbs.

Plan is to just tweak the adjustments for now and deal with however it shakes out, and then do rebuild in the off season as long as the boat keeps running well enough for the remainder of this season. But I'll have the kits on hand in case I need to pull the carbs before then.

Tried that a few days ago (1 can Seafoam + 1 gal of gas). Idles a little better and seem to have gotten 100 rpm back (WOT), but still not where it should be.

Thanks

Yamaha kits are on the way. For future reference, got a reply from Andy. 1 turn out, plus/minus 1/4 turn.

Latest posts

Back