Pilothouse....Kauai-Style...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbigma

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is one of my favorite Parker wannabe boats on Kauai. I have been watching this particular craft for the last several years.

kauai1.jpg

I can never find anyone around to inquire as to the specifics of the powerplant (inboard). But I like the look. Anyone recognize the hull?
Judging from the gallows over the cockpit, I think they are in the middle of a re-power event.

kauai2.jpg

kauai3.jpg

Lots of the Island craft have that “cab-forward” pilothouse style

kauai5.jpg

I can only surmise that the prevailing trade winds and high-energy coastline coupled with some HUGE wave conditions favor this particular design. And of course there are more than a few cats here.

kauai4.jpg

A couple more shots around the island..

kauai6.jpg

kauai7.jpg

Not a Parker wannabe but a original. That is a kauai made radon, to check out the real deal check out this website http://www.radonboats.com/index.html . These boats are as solid as they come, and depending on how you rig it is priced with other top tier boats, with the difference being these are custom built to each owners specifications.

Nice work guys, you certainly nailed the manufacturer. On their website I saw a reference to a Kauai Fire Dept Boat they recently delivered. So I figured I could poke around and find it.. 8) 8)

Wow, what a beauty. One of the Engine 3 Firefighters was kind enough to open the firehouse doors on either side to let me get some good photos.

Kinda tight quarters, and tough to see a great profile of her. 26 feet X 9 feet.

kauai14.jpg