Pilothouse LOUVERS for the trunk cabin windows

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
p7220008_105.jpg

It's about time I updated my 'big old girl' with these slick window louvers! What an easy way to keep the boat cool and ventilated.

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pat ... 8&id=47218

Does anyone know what size the small v-berth windows are on a 2120? It's just that I want to order the louvers and my boat is not here in the living room with me to measurre them. Thanks

TheOtherLine":mubklnh0 said:
Can either of you save me the trouble of having to figure it out? Which model for the 2520?

Can't help with the 2120, but the 2520 wears Beckson part number IRS-512S, (at least mine did).
These parts are 5"x12" and they are well worth the investment.

A call to the Parker factory could confirm which size ports are used in each model they build.

Beckson offers these louvers in three sizes...

IRS-414S fits Beckson PO414 series ports (4"x14")
IRS-512S fits Beckson PO512 series ports (5"x12")
IRS-714S fits Beckson PO714 series ports (7"x14")

Good luck!

Megabyte":38pfflxk said:
TheOtherLine":38pfflxk said:
Can either of you save me the trouble of having to figure it out? Which model for the 2520?

Can't help with the 2120, but the 2520 wears Beckson part number IRS-512S, (at least mine did).
These parts are 5"x12" and they are well worth the investment.

A call to the Parker factory could confirm which size ports are used in each model they build.

Beckson offers these louvers in three sizes...

IRS-414S fits Beckson PO414 series ports (4"x14")
IRS-512S fits Beckson PO512 series ports (5"x12")
IRS-714S fits Beckson PO714 series ports (7"x14")

Good luck!

Thanks Kev!

Never had ANY issues with water leaking into the cabin from humidity or rain???

I'd like to leave my windows open but we get lots of afternoon showers in the summer down here.

Mine have been on my 2520 for a year and I have never had any water enter from rain, t-storms, etc. I close them when underway under even the smallest chop however, as I suspect you may take some spray but I've never tested that theory.

TheOtherLine":2v9aaei4 said:
Never had ANY issues with water leaking into the cabin from humidity or rain???

I'd like to leave my windows open but we get lots of afternoon showers in the summer down here.

The only times I've closed the ports since installing the shields was during a tropical storm and a Nor`Easter.

I leave them open while underway and even when I wash her, tho I am careful not to get crazy with the hose. :)
Never seen any evidence yet of water getting inside. If it has, I've not noticed it.

Does anyone know what size the small v-berth windows are on a 2120? It's just that I want to order the louvers and my boat is not here in the living room with me to measurre them. Thanks

PPEM - had to go to the boat for the info. The box says "Fits Beckson 3X10 Opening Ports. Beckson Internal Rain Shield Ventilator. Model IRS-310S".

Mine has one louver, not two as shown in Dale's picture. Hope it helps.

Thanks, I just ordered a pair. They are sold individually so that may be the reason why there is only one. They had one in stock and the other is back ordered. Thanks for the info. Pete

Sorry ppem45 - I should have said each shield has one louver in the lens, unlike the shield Dale pictured that has 2 louvers in the lens.

They provide cross ventilation when the ports are open. I haven't experienced water intrusion thru the ports using them. That includes trailering the boat with the ports open when running at highway speeds in heavy rains.

Mokee":qdsojbzv said:
PPEM - had to go to the boat for the info. The box says "Fits Beckson 3X10 Opening Ports. Beckson Internal Rain Shield Ventilator. Model IRS-310S".

Good to know.
The box that I got my information from did not list that 3"x10" size.

So if the 2120 wears 3"x10" and the 2520 wears 5"x12", does anyone know what the 2320 wears?

gray duck":46l64t9r said:
these look and sound nice - thanks for posting - Can you still keep the screens on?

The louvers include screens as part of the assembly.

Just ordered a pair today at the local West Marine. Coming from a store in Virginia. Thanks for the heads up on this one.

I had tried to get these in the past but they did not fit. I have a 2004 2520XL and came to find out that Parker has not always used the same portholes from year to year. Mine were an odd size and I did not find a vendor with the right size. In the end it did not matter much to me as I discussed using these with Linwood Parker last year and he did not think they would allow enough air movement in a boat docked in the high summer heat and humidity of southeast Florida. I believe he is correct.
When I had the boat in Rhode Island, I think they would have been great.
I have found that running a pilot house boat down here is a great pleasure as it is cooler, you avoid getting sun baked and you can open the whole thing up for a great breeze with excellent visibility. The downside is that when it is docked, locked, and all closed up, the humidity inside gets considerable. Keep in mind though, I am in a wet slip all year - not on a lift or in rack storage.

I bought mine from Defender and they cost $80.00 for the pair. They have them at West Marine for $37.88

Back