Planning to get my first 1801 New

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siulam

Reaction score
Hi all, I've owned couple used boats and am currently have a 17' Boston Whaler. I'm planning to get 1801 new from the dealer.

Do we always negotiate pricing with the dealer? MSRP is $31,649, do you think I can get 10% off MSRP?

I'm not in a hurry, just need the boat delivered around April 2020 (around south shore area in MASS). Thanks in advance.

Welcome aboard. You will love your 1801.

Yes, MSRP is very negotiable. You should be able to get 10% off. What does that number include? Trailer? What engine? Any elex? Which front deck? All those things change the price. Also be sure you are looking at a price out the door. Just like a car.... taxes, registration fee, etc. This far in advance you should be able to order just the boat you want.

1801Steve":37o3bfj6 said:
Welcome aboard. You will love your 1801.

Yes, MSRP is very negotiable. You should be able to get 10% off. What does that number include? Trailer? What engine? Any elex? Which front deck? All those things change the price. Also be sure you are looking at a price out the door. Just like a car.... taxes, registration fee, etc. This far in advance you should be able to order just the boat you want.

Thank you so much. they are running the promotion that includes everything, trailer, 115 Yamaha, and Garmin fishing finder. I'm planning to just get the "based" model and it seems includes everything I need.

eyedoc":1l6bj425 said:
Make sure you get a console electronics box. Well worth the money.
Is that gonna attach to the T-top or for the center console? I go through their's options but I don't see that. I will make sure to ask that. Thank you.

eyedoc":2ni897uy said:
not sure what you are talking about here? The OP is asking about an 1801, which does not have a t-top?

Mr. Speeder":3uqye8mj said:
eyedoc":3uqye8mj said:
not sure what you are talking about here? The OP is asking about an 1801, which does not have a t-top?

When I bought my 2015 the t-top was an option. He can certainly add one at the dealership if it's not a factory option.

Mr. Speeder":aihtr51d said:
eyedoc":aihtr51d said:

He is talking about the electronics box that is a parker factory option. Mounts on top of the console. No t top required.

Sorry...I haven't been on for a while.
When I purchased my 1801, an Electronics box was available that mounted on top of the center console. It was about 12-14" high, had sliding doors and was a great place to store quickly needed supplies and fishing tackle. It raised the height of the mounting surface so that your MFD was easier to see without bending down. The windshield mounted on top of it. At the time, T-Tops were not an option.
Unfortunately, I don't see it as an option on the Parker site. It can always be fabricated and added on afterwards. If you PM me with a number, I can send you a picture.

Raw water wash would be a good option. That was my first addition on my 1801. With the 115 yam I also put on a set of Lenco tabs for out of the hole and all around performance. 1801 is a great boat.

Raw water wash down is now standard equipment on the 1801. Just wish Parker offered a pre-wire for a bow mounted trolling motor....but they do not. Adding a gps trolling motor was by far the most useful mod I made to my 1801. Great for skinny water fishing and "anchoring" in deeper water.

I don’t think there is negotiating room on the original package price from Parker. Savings can be had when buying goodies for the boat like T top , trolling motor , etc

Back