Portable Bait Tank

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Jim

Reaction score
Anyone using a portable bait tank? If so what size and are you powering off boat batteries or separate battery dedicated for the bait tank?

Here's mine. Not sure if this is what you mean by portable but mine just comes off the boat when not fishing. Gets water from the baitwell pump I had installed. Drains out the scupper. 20 Gal. I have kept threadfins, pinfish, greenbacks all day, no lossess.

Attachments

• 03282008 048 (Small).jpg
    03282008 048 (Small).jpg
    26 KB · Views: 478
  • Bait Well 001 (Small).jpg
    Bait Well 001 (Small).jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 478
  • Baitwell Pump (Medium) (Small).jpg
    Baitwell Pump (Medium) (Small).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 478
J.A. Veil":8xzi0ack said:
It would make an excellent live well. Although it is adverstised for $50, you can have it for $10.

2008_02_03_001_183.jpg

That's a steal!

Thanks for the responses. A 20 gal to 30 gal container that I can easily put on or take off the boat is what I have in mind. I have a blue barrel that I could use or cut down if I don't go the commercial tank route (John, I appreciate your generous offer).

DaleH":11fepq6i said:

I am using the exact same setup. WAITAMINNIT!!!

Actually i'm using the garbage can he has in the background. We have it plumbed portable too - we have a cheap 500gph bilge pump connected to a 1/2 bilge pum[p hose. We either connect the bilge pump to a battery booster / jump starter pack ($20 at walmart) or we direct wire / clip it to the battery terminals.

The overflow hose goes over the side. The blue garbage can works PHENOMENAL for bunker - adults and peanuts.. We have had as many as 50 live adults in there and they stay frisky and lively all day long. Bunker are VERY VERY easily stressed out and killed, and blue tanks usually keep them pretty calm.

We've been fluke (ok flounder fishing for you peeps south of the mason dixon) fishing with live peanut bunker, and my 32gal barrel can easily keep 10 dozen or so alive all day long. We drain it and stow it in the Vberth when not in use.

Best $20 we ever spent.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. This seems to be the answer for me. Particualry the battery booster set up.

Back