portable fuel tank use

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFern

Reaction score
I have a fuel tank leak and until I can afford to replace the tank I was considering using a large portable tank so that we can at least still use the boat on occasion. Stupid question but would I simply need to reposition the hose that goes to the real tank; just bolt it to the portable tank so that the fuel goes through the filter and I do not need to buy a new fuel line assembly?

yes, tank leaks and is now dry because I siphoned out through the sending unit. I just want to connect the same fuel line to a 22 gallon portable tank that I just ordered so we can use the boat on some very local/short trips. I would think the fuel line could just be screwed into the portable tank instead of needing to use the quick-connect fittings you normally see on portable tanks.

Also, can anyone recommend a place in the Tampa Bay Area to have the 150 gallon tank replaced? I am willing to take the boat a pretty good distance if a particular place is highly recommended.

Latest posts

Back