Power Pro line

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been using PowerPro for years and have had good results.

I have used 20lb. for Ocean Fluking, 40lb. for Blackfishing, 60lb. for Codfishing and 130lb. for Halibut fishing.

I have found that Fireline is better for Wreck Fishing since it is fused instead of braided. PowerPro is okay for Wreck Fishing if you use a 5' leader and check the line often for cuts.

I love it. You definately have to learn their knot and have real sharp fingernail clippers for trimming. You also need to teach your crew that it will cut you.

Just a hint if you use Power Pro on a large spool you can save some money by putting some mono on the spool first as a bedding and then add the Power Pro. Make sure you put plenty of tension on the spool. Keep in mind the Power Pro has allot less stretch and will get you deeper quicker. I love it for jigging for that reason and frequently use it on trolling rigs to get them deeper. Can’t beat the strength for the size of it. Been using it solely on my freshwater stuff until recent years and loved it for spinner casting crank baits and rubber. Much more sensitive than mono and saves a few trips to shore if you get hung up because of the strength. My only complaint is the life span is similar to mono at twice the price.

Latest posts

Back