Price paid for a new Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double Hall

Reaction score
Anyone can be as specific as they want, but what percentage discount have people received by dealers on new boats in recent years. I'm looking at 21/23 SE and 21/23 DVs. Hookup and go pricing seems pretty fixed, but a dealer has a 23 dv that is in stock and close to 20% off.

How have you done on recent buys? Was it an order or in stock? This is close to the right boat and I can probably add what is missing vs order.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

20k off a 107k boat. Do you have any recent purchase info to help weigh in with? If not, please move on.

Double Hall":2yqpjh84 said:
. Do you have any recent purchase info to help weigh in with? If not, please move on.

Excellent way for a newbie to make friends on this forum

Picking up our 2019 2320 up on Monday. It was on a lot for a few months. Yamaha 300, electronics, rocket launchers, windlass. MSRP $105K - purchased for $85K. Seems about right for a 2019 since 2020’s are coming out now.

Awesome! Sounds like a great boat and comp. Did this include a trailer? What does it have for electronics? This has 7610 (I think I got that right). I want to see if they'll upgrade size and to new model.

I'm going Friday to go over the boat in person.

Thanks

Double Hall":2onttu5r said:
Awesome! Sounds like a great boat and comp. Did this include a trailer? What does it have for electronics? This has 7610 (I think I got that right). I want to see if they'll upgrade size and to new model.

I'm going Friday to go over the boat in person.

Thanks

No trailer and it has the Garmin 7610 setup. I was going to bump up to a 2520 but the prices jumped to $119K (single 300) or $135K (twin 200). BIG price jump.

I ordered my 2015 in Sept of 2014. At his time I got the most kickbacks I possibly could receive. Parker gave me a discount to keep their workers busy during the winter and the dealer also gave me a bunch of discounts. Bottom line was that I paid 90k when the sticker price was going to be 117 in Jan of 2015

Lucky John":2qp91f4l said:
I ordered my 2015 in Sept of 2014. At his time I got the most kickbacks I possibly could receive. Parker gave me a discount to keep their workers busy during the winter and the dealer also gave me a bunch of discounts. Bottom line was that I paid 90k when the sticker price was going to be 117 in Jan of 2015
Thanks. Checked out boats again and now thinking 21 SE or 23 DV, which I recognize as either extreme from the center consoles I was looking at. 21 SE is more trailerable and ideal for fly fishing, but with two 6 year olds and wife to consider, she wants the 23 DV.

Biggest issue is storage for this season. No local marinas have openings and even next year is unknown. I think I'll holding off on the purchase and maybe buy in winter/spring and hope to find a place to moor next season.

Your purchase decision mirrors mine of nearly ten years ago. I had an Eastern 22 that was absolutely awesome for fly fishing. But for my kids and wife was less than ideal. I got onboard a 2300DV and the difference was amazing. I've since been on my buddy's 21SE and it is better than the Eastern, but not in the same category as the 23DV.

i've never looked back! Love the higher gun'ls, the heft and the ride. However, you bring up a huge point, trailering. It is a bit of a beast to drive around on the trailer. I assume the 21 has a single axle trailer and would be much easier to trailer. I really don't have to trailer mine except to launch at beginning of the season and haulout.

I think 20% off MSRP is pretty good. I bought mine at 19% (iirc) off. Bought it early this year. Found other dealers willing to drop to 22 or 23%, but they weren't conveniently located to me.

dave-j":qkxl41tl said:
Your purchase decision mirrors mine of nearly ten years ago. I had an Eastern 22 that was absolutely awesome for fly fishing. But for my kids and wife was less than ideal. I got onboard a 2300DV and the difference was amazing. I've since been on my buddy's 21SE and it is better than the Eastern, but not in the same category as the 23DV.

i've never looked back! Love the higher gun'ls, the heft and the ride. However, you bring up a huge point, trailering. It is a bit of a beast to drive around on the trailer. I assume the 21 has a single axle trailer and would be much easier to trailer. I really don't have to trailer mine except to launch at beginning of the season and haulout.
Both dual axle trailers, though leaning towards no trailer initially on the 23.

Think I'm going to pull the trigger, though I won't be using it this season with no place to moore or slip. Think it is too early to go back to push for more off so they can get the boat off their books? Wait until Fall or winter? Should I order in spring?

This is definitely the model boat I want and you only live once. They were willing to swap in a 8612 for $1600 and install transom bench for $1100. Otherwise perfect spec besides hard top. Dealer is in my same town.

Remember...dealers have to live too!
Your dealer will be much more likely to treat you well when you need him if you don’t ‘nickel and dime’ them on the sale. My dealer treats me royally, always going out of their way to help me out.

eyedoc":238u9dqa said:
Remember...dealers have to live too!
Your dealer will be much more likely to treat you well when you need him if you don’t ‘nickel and dime’ them on the sale. My dealer treats me royally, always going out of their way to help me out.
I don't disagree, but I don't want to pay boat show price going into the Fall on a leftover boat when 2020 is either the same or a few K more. I'm willing to buy this boat if they'll work with me on storage or winterizing. Their needs to be more incentive than boat show price.

I see this as helping them get a boat off the books in 2019.

Back