priming raycor filters

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

stonebuster

Reaction score
When I change my raycor, I can't prime the filter with the primer bulb. I have to fill it up with gas before putting it on. Anyone else experience this problem?

salty sam

Reaction score
I was told that you could but haven't tried it. I filled the cannister nearly full with fuel and then finished with the primer bulb. Worked fine.
John

cbigma

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I change my raycor, I can't prime the filter with the primer bulb. I have to fill it up with gas before putting it on. Anyone else experience this problem?

Mike:

I tried priming by hand using the bulb late on Friday night after putting in a new fuel level sensor, no luck. So I just started the engine and let it run. Took about 10 seconds before fuel started showing up in the bowl. There's probably a better way to do it, but I had run out of time, light, bug spray and patience. :roll:

John

Megabyte

Reaction score
So I just started the engine and let it run. Took about 10 seconds before fuel started showing up in the bowl.

That's how I do it. :wink:

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
stonebuster":1og3b4lx said:
When I change my raycor, I can't prime the filter with the primer bulb.
That's the way I do it ... but you can also do it like CBigma and start the motor while still priming the bulbrecommended, as otherwise she could stall.

FWIW ... do you all keep the OB-end of the fuel hose UP when you pump the bulb? If not ... you're not allowing the check valve to work properly ...

stonebuster

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I didn't want to start it to fill the filter since I had my fuel feed pump go bad last year and didn't want to start it dry and take a chance of harming the pump. [225F] I like to carry extra filters on the boat, but if I have to fill filter with gas to prime on the water it would be a problem.