profish 700 windlass

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my case the chain and line were provided by the factory (probably Lewmar) pre spliced very neatly and tight. It appears that both the line and chain are about the same size when you might think the line side would be larger. By eye it looks as though there should be a nearly seamless transition.

warthog5":29l4xmlj said:
The fabric softener works.... I've done it before.

What it does is make the rope soft and suple, so it lays down better.

But the biggest problem is in the boat design and the anchor locker not being deep enough fo the amount of rope you have.

The deeper.....The better.

This. I had the same problem and talked to Lewmar. The locker is not deep enough to provide adequate fall. Softening rope helps, but the only surefire way I’ve found is to try to pull the rode to the front of the locker. It’s a pain but once I do that it comes up every time

Hi guys,

Anybody have any luck with fixes? I have 8 plait rode with chain spliced professionally (bought directly from vendor that does the line for lewmar-forget their name at the moment).

The anchor line chain splice worked fine through my old lewmar windlass. Does not work so good for new windlass we put on last year.

Tried tried the fabric softner trick but the 8 plait is so supple already it did not do anything. clearing rode in locker does not help. Only way is to go up and put pressure on the arm that holds line down or pull up chain by hand and drop splice past the gypsy.

Thanks for any tips.

It is getting to be the time of year for us to start chumming and hence anchoring up. This week I will try the fabric softener and see how well it works and will report back. As I have said before my issue has been strictly at the connection point of chain and rope not anywhere else along the rode. So I am not optimistic but will definitely try the softener. Also I understand the need to keep as much clearance in the locker to provide as much fall as possible for the rode. I have had that problem with several other boats.

Back