PROJECT TIME - WINDLASS ADVICE AND MORE......

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linesider

Reaction score
SO.... I got to enjoy the boat for 2 months before blocking her in the driveway (the neighbors love me) She is an '04 2520XL and I absolutely love it! The little time I got to use it this year allowed me some time to identify some improvements id like to make, a few of them are:
1. Electronics need to be upgraded, I know this topic could be debated until the worlds end, so I'm not going to ask for input.
2. A windlass will be on the short list, I could use some recommendations as I have never owned a boat with a windlass.
3. Storage will be a priority, as the jumpseats in the XL are great, there is a great opportunity to create storage under the seats, any input here would be greatly appreciated.
4. the swim ladder is cumbersome and I can't come up with a clean place to put it, suggestions?
5. a livewell will be absolutely necessary this summer and while id like to stay true to OEM, I am open to suggestions.

If anyone has any additional suggestions, please let me know. Even if it is too cold to get out there and make improvements, at least I can stretch my minds eye.

Attachments

• IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 363
Windless - Hands Down the Profish with Freefall.....then add the Remote Control.

100_5157_zpsc13e7e8b.jpg

Ladder -

100_5701_zps8edf8596.jpg

100_5704_zpsa94b94ad.jpg

Warthog, what is that "box" under the windlass? mine has an anchor line storage area with a large door, I am worried I will have to fill that in and provide additional support/bracing to install the windlass to. By no means am I a fiberglass pro.

In this pix you can tell better.

100_5158_zpsa4ebc87c.jpg

It serves 2 functions.

1] The Rode does not drag on the pulpit and defacing it.

2] It gives more of a drop on the rode, acting like the anchor locker is deeper and what is needed for a shallower anchor locker.

The pro fish 700 is adequate, as I am getting another one on my new boat but if you want a top of the line unit get a GOOD windlass. That depends on how much bottom fishing you will do. Secondly only get 8 plaite rode for your pro fish if you go with that unit. Three strand rope will give you nothing but headaches. Seco South sells on ebay and I bought 600' with 30
of G4 chain ALOT cheaper than ordering direct from their site.

Latest posts

Back