Prop for new in line 4 200Hp for 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2004 2120 that I had to replace my F200 V6 Because of the dry exhaust issue that ended up damaging my power head. I replaced it with Yamaha's new in line 4 200HP. My question is for anyone running this motor is what degree pitch do you have on your prop. I was not reaching 5,700 - 6,000 RPM's ( testing it at the dealers Shop) with a 15 degree pitch and had to drop to a 13 that is putting me at 6,100 RPM's at wide open throttle. I'm just curious out of factory or anyone who had re-powered what prop are you running with this motor? I have the smallest amount of vibration or chatter when I am trolling for King Salmon at 2 KT or basically by just putting the motor in gear. I called three Yamaha dealers to check on my dealer and they all said the weight of the stainless steel propeller is what is causing this small chatter or vibration. They said I could switch to a aluminum prop. Any advice here would be appreciated, I'm just wondering if I ran the stainless steel 15 degree pitch in the ocean "not at the dealers shop" if it would make a difference.

Thanks in advance

Here's more info.

I bought the motor and prop from SIM. I checked correspondence with them and came up with this from an email.

"With 2 adults, 75 gal. gas and calm with no wind. Here's the ranges of how it performed.

Top Speed at WOT = 40.2-41.7 mph SOG by GPS
WOT = 5700 RPM
Time to cruise speed from idle Speed = 6-8 sec.
4000 RPM = 26-27 mph
4300 RPM = 30-31 mph

I also checked the anti-cavitation plate at 4000 rpm with the engine trimmed. It is just below the surface. Going from the 14.25 x 16 prop to the 14.5 x 15 Reliance prop made a noticeable improvement in performance."

The original engine on my 2120 was a 150 HPDI. The best I could do was 37 mph at wot. My mileage improvement is greatly appreciated.

I'd try a 4-blade PowerTech prop from Ken at www.propgods.com

And you want your RPMs as close to MAX as possible, anything further away than 200 off is TOO far in my book!

Mokee":264j5i3m said:
Here's more info.

I bought the motor and prop from SIM. I checked correspondence with them and came up with this from an email.

"With 2 adults, 75 gal. gas and calm with no wind. Here's the ranges of how it performed.

Top Speed at WOT = 40.2-41.7 mph SOG by GPS
WOT = 5700 RPM
Time to cruise speed from idle Speed = 6-8 sec.
4000 RPM = 26-27 mph
4300 RPM = 30-31 mph

I also checked the anti-cavitation plate at 4000 rpm with the engine trimmed. It is just below the surface. Going from the 14.25 x 16 prop to the 14.5 x 15 Reliance prop made a noticeable improvement in performance."

The original engine on my 2120 was a 150 HPDI. The best I could do was 37 mph at wot. My mileage improvement is greatly appreciated.
How high is your new motor mounted or to frame the question in another way, in what hole is the motor mounted? My 2015 2120 with the 200hp. 4 cylinder came from the factory with the motor mounted in the 2nd. hole from the top. I feel that I could optimize it by raising up 2 holes. Presently I cannot see my cavitation plate at cruise.

Back