Prop size question 2510xl with single 250 Yamaha??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishmanjs

Reaction score
Was hoping someone would have advice as to the best prop size for my 2008 2510XL with 250 Yamaha 4 stroke.

I must reach 4800 rpm for my basic cruise/plane. This is on a calm day with only myself on-board. (This gives me 1.6 gpm. Anything less than 4800 drops me to about 1.3 - 1.5 gpm) I max out at 5000 rpm, barely. Last week, running into a strong headwind and against the tide, I couldn't get her past 4600 rpm wide open throttle.

Current prop is 14.5 x 19-T.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks.

Sorry I didn't catch this earlier, I am also going through a new-to-me boat break-in and trying to get the most out of it.
I had a Mercury Mirage 3 blade SS 17 pitch prop on my boat when I bought it.
I was able to get 5900 RPM WOT out of it lightly loaded, 39 mph. I needed to run at 4800 to hold plane at 2.2 mpg at 27 mph.
I wanted to get my planing speed down so switched to a Merc Rev 4 17 pitch. I now can plane at 41-4300 RPM at 2.0 mpg at 21 mph. More stern lift without tabs, better time to plane, better low speed handling.
I now get 6000 RPM WOT lightly loaded at 38 mph.
I think we have the same hull so I would go with one of those.

Thank you Albiejunkie. A prop guy who was highly recommended to me has me trying the Enertia 15 x 15 which has made considerable improvement for me; but not to the numbers you are getting.

I have to find a Rev 4 and 17 pitch to try.

Thnx again.

Back