ProTips: Fuel Lines, Trailer tires/wheels

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerdog

Reaction score
Free advice. I have had new trailer tires mounted and balanced. Jacked the boat, put on stands, and the battle began. I think everyone should add remove lug nuts, put anti sieze compound on them and replace with proper torque annually. Not really a rust issue they just have never been removed before!

I also went to drain the fuel out for the tow to South Carolina and the fuel line on both sides of the bulb crumbled in my hands. It was cold but it wasn't THAT cold. Entire exposed portion of fuel line dry rotten. Any one ever experienced this?

John

There are different grades of fuel line out there. People will replace with "Whatever". This is due to their ignorance.

The last boat that was here...They had replaced with Automotive fuel line. :(

no fuel line issues yet.. but i just purchased new trailer wheels/tires after finding out that the current tires are actually passenger tires... glad to say that I didnt experience a blow-out on the road yet.. but I should have double checked sooner instead of trusting my friend who claims they are trailer tires. I'll let you know how many studs i have to get replaced after i swap to the new wheels.

warthog5":mc9zvez9 said:
There are different grades of fuel line out there. People will replace with "Whatever". This is due to their ignorance.

The last boat that was here...They had replaced with Automotive fuel line. :(

So what's the difference?

Back