Puddle in pilot house 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrannestad

Reaction score
I have a 2004 2320 pilothouse. There is always a puddle iof water in the cabin. Its getting to be a problem I have to address because it creates high humidity in the cabin and things are starting to corrode. I have not traced the leak yet and was wondering if this was a frequent issue to which there is a common solution. My guess is that it is a penetration somewhere - vhf attenna on roof, gps antenna on roof, horn on roof, perhaps the ss tube handles mounted on the roof and side of the house or maybe the railing or window or door. I think it is not something I can readily see from the helm because I have seen no drips.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Where is the puddle? I have the extended 25 so i dont know if its an issue with the 23 but i left the pop up cleat up when it rained one time and that let water in. Bring a hose and a buddy to the boat next time and see what happens.

The puddle is in the cabin area. It is ussually against the back wall near the door or corner. I think it is there because that is the low spot, not because it is directly below the leak. No dog that I know of inhabits the cabin while I am away.

I noticed that i have a low spot in front of the port side captains chair that ends up a puddle but thats just from spraying the inside down with a hose. could be that or the doors leaking or depending on whats on the roof. any pictures?

It could be coming from the rubrail/cap joint. When you go over waves, water shoots up the hull and find its way into any slightest crevice or chink.

If you have not done so, remove the rubrail instert, unscrew each screw and squirt silicone into the hole before putting the screw back. Then run a bead of silicone where the rubrail meets the hull.

Thanks Phil. It could be the rubrail I suppose. Only thing is the water seems to come in when I am not using the boat. I wipe the cabin down before leaving the slip to go home and then when I come back there is a puddle. I suppose the rubrail joint could let in rainwater as well as seawater.

No outriggers palegic.

Have someone soak down the windows and hatches with a hose while you look for leaks inside.

I just got done last week resealing my forward deck hatch that leaked like a sieve.

Back