putting in a livewell with a small issue

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeLawterJ

Reaction score
I have seen many of the ideas some of you have posted about creating your own livewell but they all include the use of a raw-water wash down. I have an 18ft CC and looking to add a portable livewell to the boat. I do not have a wash down and was wondering if anyone has some suggestions. The New England Boat show is coming up and I need to have an idea of what I need or is it possible so I can talk to dealers with a clue what I am saying.

Here is what I know so far, get a blue barrel from the car wash guy for free, steal a Brute barrel from a friend, or just get a barrel.

I need an exit point for the water over the side or through a scup

How do I get the water into the barrel? Transom mount?

Thanks

JD

ps I put some previous post references in there so you all knew I looked before I posted

RULE HAS A PUMP THAT MOUNT ON THE TRANSOM. I AM NOT SURE IF IT HAS A HIGH SPEED PICKUP.

Bite the bullet and put in a seacock. Plumb a "Y" off it with one side to a livewell pump and the other to a raw water washdown pump.
You won't be sorry.
Once you have a RRW you'll never have another boat without one.
I run the baitpump to a 20 gallon trash can that serves a portable livewell, removeable when not in use.

I have an 1800. I put in a Kodiak livewell under my leaning post. Installed the pump on the transom ran the nouse over the transom along the floor and up to the water inlet. Then took a piece of corrugated pool hose from the outlet and laid it on the floor right to the scuppers. Wired it to the switch on the console. It works like a charm. When you are on plane it will pick up with out the pump even being on. Only probelm is after a couple of years the pump typicaly craps out. That is with me taking it off every time rinse with fresh water and store in the console. Sorry no pictures.

Back