Putting name on boat.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5150dude

Reaction score
I plan on having her name painted on before fisrt splash!
Does anyone have pics showing their boat's name. I am trying to decide where, how big, etc.
Thanks,
dave

Nothing fancy here. Just your basic vinyl lettering from BoatUS.
http://www.boatus.com/boatgraphics/

Image-BA354F08FD8911DA.jpg

I would suggest vinyl rather than paint though. Vinyl wears well, looks good, and be changed if the mood strikes. Paint is much less forgiving.

If you have a good sign shop in your area, I'd bet you could come up with something suitable ater 30 minutes behind one of their computer monitors.
Once you select what you want, they have automated systems that can cut your lettering while you wait. :wink:

Or contact Toms, from this site, by PM if you want your boat's name done up in a Parker-like font - see below. Tom is the resident graphics, techie, and IS go-to-guy here on Classic Parker and if it wasn't for his help, this site would n't have all of the fancy trimmings and nicities that makes it what it is. Tom can provide you with an artwork ready file to take to your nearest print shop or he can refer you to one. He has saved people money on their graphics and has given them a custom touch too!

Samples from Gas Money Graphics:

bonetime_r2_small_124.jpg

shady_3x5_161.png

boat_name_003_210.jpg

sharintime_medium_111.png

Megabyte":301w81uh said:
How could I have forgotton about Gas Money Graphics? :shock:
I know :shock: !

... no soup for you ;) ...

What size letters do you guys think will fit on a 2120?I was thinking 8" alongside the cabin should work? :?

the Hurricane logo is exactly what I was looking for! I will replace the Parker logo on the sides of the hull. He also designed a homeport that matches for the stern. Great job!

Thanks!

The little graphic design elves have been busy this week:

Attachments

• LuckyJohn_R2 (Medium).jpg
    LuckyJohn_R2 (Medium).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 12,740
  • El Nino_R3.jpg
    El Nino_R3.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 12,740
Mine are 9" tall (top of A to bottom of q), vinyl, pilothouse sides. Those using the Tom S design on side of newer pilothouses might want to try using a gold 'swoosh' to tie in with the black/gold Parker logo and pinstriping.

Attachments

• Aquinnah 002 (Medium).jpg
    Aquinnah 002 (Medium).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 12,722
I was really thinking about changing my name to FishFactory after the old fish factory near Little Egg Inlet,but then the guys who follow me once in awhile would be confused. :shock:

Another (hopefully) happy customer!

-- Tom

Attachments

• RockSteady_sm.jpg
    RockSteady_sm.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 12,420
I went to a sign shop and had vinyl lettering made up. The owner of the sign shop suggested a black outline, and green inner letters. Spacing the green over the black was the trickyest, but doable. Similiar to Puddleduck's lay out. Mine says "Caitlin Elizabeth" with Shamrocks on each side. I tortured myself with spacing on the opposite side. It paid off, as it looks great. Vinyl letters come off with a hair dryer Tom

Lucky John":3es6h7ei said:
I was really thinking about changing my name to FishFactory after the old fish factory near Little Egg Inlet,but then the guys who follow me once in awhile would be confused. :shock:

"FishFactory".....has been taken! :wink:

Thanks Bill!

Please send pics once you get the decals installed!

-- Tom

Attachments

• FinaLee.jpg
    FinaLee.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 11,991
Back