Question for fishing reel experts

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyAmalfitano

Reaction score
My Neighbor gave me 3 reels, all Penns 60, 210, and 209. I see where rods are rated by action, Light, medium, heavy. Are reels rated the same? What would these 3 be?
The 60 and 210 are black, the 209 is red, if that means anything other then color.

TonyAmalfitano":14awd198 said:
My Neighbor gave me 3 reels, all Penns 60, 210, and 209. I see where rods are rated by action, Light, medium, heavy. Are reels rated the same? What would these 3 be?
The 60 and 210 are black, the 209 is red, if that means anything other then color.

I'm no expert, but I have a Penn 209 I use for late summer and fall trolling for Rock, Blues, Spaniards, and such.
I have it spooled with 60# braid and use it to pull Tandems, Stretches, Hoses, and lighter spoon baits behind dive planers. It's mounted on a Penn rod but I'm not certain at the moment what the weight class it is.

It's one of my favorite light(er) reels.

Penn 60
Line Capacity: 250 YDS 30# Mono
Gear Ratio: 2.5 to 1
No Level Wind

Line Capacity: 250 YDS 30# Mono
Gear Ratio: 3.5 to 1
Mine are loaded with about 150 yards of 30# mono under about 100 yards of Power Pro.

High speed version of 209
Gear Ratio 4.5 to 1

I fish Light Tackle Trolling with 209s. Boated a 37 incher last year with one but it is lots of work! Tough as nails. Here's one in action on the left: It has a power handle off a 113. Heaven shines on Penn reels on Parker boats. :lol:

cbbt.JPG

Latest posts

Back