questions regarding rubrail, pulpits, windows and ports.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esparkerward

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been searching and searching this site found quite a few answers thanks to all the information on here. Figured I'd start my own topic might be more insight out there now considering a few of the topics I was reading were old. I have a 1994 Parker pilot house extended cab open back overall in pristine condition. .

I have a few different things I want to do or need to do to it. First and foremost the port window frames, seals and bug screens inside the berth need replacing. the latches/cams that hold them close have become old brittle and have broken preventing a good seal and leak water inside (thanks to my kids this summer). So any information about the brand or where I can find replacements would be awesome. I'm wondering if I can replace just inside part or do I have to replace the entire assembly?

Next, this boat never came with bow pulpit or windlass. why on earth they would build a boat of this size and type without at least a pulpit ill never know. honestly I'm the capt and don't have to worry about anchor detail a lot but it would be nice when its just me and the family and a simple rocker switch would make things a lot easier. We fish around the cbbt at the mouth of the Chesapeake bay and the tides rip hard down here. I've called both Parker directly and a parker dealership and get the same answer that they have stopped production on the pulpit that use to fit this hull simply because its an older design. What have other people done? can I mount just a long anchor roller off the bow without a pulpit? I don't want to take away from the look of the boat nor do I want the teak wood look, not that I don't like it but there's none on the boat and I don't think it would suit the boat. ideas or solutions would be awesome.

I also want to change out the port side windshield in lieu of a tip out like on the starboard side. once again I asked the dealership but I'm still waiting on a phone call back.

Last but not least switching out the rub rail and opting for the stainless steel insert look. I like the looks of it. gives the boat an updated look. Is it as simple as just replacing the insert, or screwing the stainless cover over the existing insert or am I replacing the entire rub rail and insert to get the best look?

Thank you for any information, its highly appreciated

Front windshields are made by Wynne and you can contact them with the HIN ,hull year and model. They will have drawings but when I asked last year, they have a few different sizes. Knowing the opening size is important. I decided not to replace at this time. You can carefully remove the window , 4 screws per side then start a careful process of removing the frame. Then measure opening. Josh at Wynne will help you. I don’t know the current lead time but it might be up to 8 weeks. Another option is replace both windows with Diamond Sea Glaze (DSG) being used today which are not black but silver color and pricey. I don’t know your budget.

Replacing entire rub rail assembly looks like a PIA project to me. Remove old then decide if existing holes can be reused., if not then seal them close. Installing new rr and keeping flat and tight will need 2 people. I think my rr has screws. I would think SS nuts , bolts and washers would be better.

Adding a pulpit is another issue bc it will stick out in front of current railing .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was a recent post and anchoring without a pulpit and anchor roller. It would cost a lot to add custom made pulpit and a new railing. Do a search using anchor as a key word. There is so much info over years , it is best to scroll thru the forum topics and use the Search tool

Maybe a bow roller like the pic and add a windlass with rode going into locker if you have one

5ebadb5c89750e5b589ea7088951e71e.jpg

Has gas tank been replaced? Helm switch panel have new switches and breakers? Throttle cables move smoothly. Helm pump and hoses condition? Steering ram leaking or rusty?
Battery wiring ok? Original aft breaker been replaced? Battery switch old or ACR. One thing we did last year was a full system inspection to check if working, if needed, if needs repairs, updating or replacing. All bilge pumps replaced with new and larger capacity units. Wheel house roof, cockpit and transom checked for soft spots. I would check all wiring and crimps up to marine grade standards and make a system list. You will know everything about your boat.

You need to know the wire size going to the helm from batteries esp if planning to add windlass. Batteries might need to be relocated and new trays if in the aft. Battery chargers are great. I used .NOCO. Blue Seas web site for electrical and replacing glass fuse panel with a better one

Brent":3a7t5pow said:
Maybe a bow roller like the pic and add a windlass with rode going into locker if you have one

5ebadb5c89750e5b589ea7088951e71e.jpg

This is what I've been considering. If I could get one long enough to get anchor off the bow I would be satisfied. Going this route would also eliminate redoing the railing. There's is no anchor hatch but plenty of room to hold line. Currently anchor is mounted on bow off to the side with a super small hole for the anchor line to feed into. Makes for a real pain in ass to put the line back. But like I posted before most of the time im behind the helm lol

Brent":2tir2maf said:
Has gas tank been replaced? Helm switch panel have new switches and breakers? Throttle cables move smoothly. Helm pump and hoses condition? Steering ram leaking or rusty?
Battery wiring ok? Original aft breaker been replaced? Battery switch old or ACR. One thing we did last year was a full system inspection to check if working, if needed, if needs repairs, updating or replacing. All bilge pumps replaced with new and larger capacity units. Wheel house roof, cockpit and transom checked for soft spots. I would check all wiring and crimps up to marine grade standards and make a system list. You will know everything about your boat.

I've put close to 20 hrs on it since I purchased it. My uncle was last owner and boat was meticulously maintained and has had quite a few upgrades over the years. as far as gas tank I don't know. He purchased it in 2004 and it has spent every winter inside since. Currently its indoor storage again for the winter so getting measurements on windows and ports will be tough until end of march. not that I can't go to my boat but it just makes for a pia. All wiring was redone when he purchased it. everything works as it supposed to he did install acr not long ago and perko switch is good. as far as aft breaker im not sure, I looked into the bilge briefly just to check on batteries. stern highflow pumps were done not long ago either. behind the helm under the dash everything looks good and organized. He's had the factory switches replaced in the last 4-5 years. I plan on removing the old school fuse panel with a bluesea system distribution box. Currently redoing stereo system so ill be addressing all that this spring when I get the boat out of storage. I understand that a windlass essentially is like adding a winch so all new wiring is necessary for that. As far as the hull, roof, stern and gunnels its really insane how clean it is for its age everyone thinks its new. ill post some of the pictures I have and will post more when I get it back out of storage.

Thank you for all the input and places of concern

Back