questions regarding rubrail, pulpits, windows and ports.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
esparkerward":grb4bqyl said:
5efd9226b8a59b8fb06b1e4311d1201c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks sharp! Are the thru hull fittings original? You may want to consider replacing them with stainless ones.

Brent":2yo19zxr said:
Wow . Very sharp!

Cockpit deck hatches need regular inspection to stop water soaking the foam around the tank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
good points. All things I’ll have to check before upcoming season

Brent":31sp0ew2 said:
Has gas tank been replaced? Helm switch panel have new switches and breakers? Throttle cables move smoothly. Helm pump and hoses condition? Steering ram leaking or rusty?
Battery wiring ok? Original aft breaker been replaced? Battery switch old or ACR. One thing we did last year was a full system inspection to check if working, if needed, if needs repairs, updating or replacing. All bilge pumps replaced with new and larger capacity units. Wheel house roof, cockpit and transom checked for soft spots. I would check all wiring and crimps up to marine grade standards and make a system list. You will know everything about your boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you mentioned the aft breaker, I've found a wiring schematic that shows the use of a 40amp breaker. Is 40 amp good? should I go to a 50amp? Just a concern knowing this schematic and the boat are both 20 years old or more. More and more electronics and lights on these boats now days. Again the boat is in storage so its hard for me to know what's already been done.

I have 2 battery banks and have 2G wire from motor to Bank 1 to Bank 2 (backbone); Last year, I did a major refit , dejunked and update. Boat came with 2 battery banks and decided to keep and solar panels. One aft and one in wheelhouse. My boat is a 2330 similar to a 2530 in the wheelhouse
I used 150A MRBF battery fuses on the positive posts instead of circuit breakers
This is one option
Blue Seas has a fuse selection chart.

Back