Quick bench seat storage modification

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rloomis

Reaction score
Just a couple things I did to the cabin interior that only took about 2hrs and $20 to make it a lot more functional and comfortable for me...

The aft hatch under the bench seat had a plastic enclosure installed which held 3 plano organizer boxes but this just ate up too much potential storage room. I removed the bench seat and the plano box storage compartment so now I have all the clear space for storage.
img_9982_768.jpg

I added a black plastic carpet runner cut to size to line the bottom of the storage space to protect the fiberglass and to offer a little padding for when things get jostled around in the chop.

I had to pull the bench seat off to do this and it was originally lined across the bottom with some thin plastic sheeting. I couldn't really get it back in place and it left some unsightly ragged edges of plastic sticking out from under the seat cushion anyway, so I gave up on the plastic and applied a few coats of marine varnish to protect the wood backing instead.

img_9980_512.jpg

I added some of the same black runner material cut to size to the bottom of the storage bins located next to the helm seat. Lastly, to do something about the slippery deck in cabin interior, I added another runner with a poly fiber surface cut to fit along the center of the cabin deck. I'll take some pics of those and add them to the post.

Here's the runner I used to cover the bare cabin deck. I just used a narrow runner cut to length to go down the center. Not as fancy as the jobs some others have done with a cover for the entire cabin deck with cutouts for the helm chair. But this was easy to lay down, easy to pull up for cleaning, and takes care of keeping the area where I walk warm and non-skid.

Picture001_25.jpg

Here's the pieces I cut to go into the storage compartments next to the helm. I just kept them square rather than trim to fit the taper of the hull. I might still decide to go back and do that, but for now I think I like the looks and added coverage of leaving them square...
Picture002_25.jpg

Picture005_25.jpg

Nice, once you start I hope you know it endless. :wink:

Look forward to seeing it at the Rendezvous.

If anyone needs one of the side storage compartment thing-a-ma-jigs. I’m about to through mine away.

Back