Radio Suggestion

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildman

Reaction score
It's time to upgrade my cheap JVC unit what do you think is a good Am/Fm CD radio and speakers. 2320SL F250

My Poly-Planar has been great. Three years of trouble free operation except for 1 speaker that needed to be replaced last week. I'm not sure how much time you spend on your boat but my next boat (theres always a next!) will have satelite radio and weather etc.

FWIW I got one of those JBL package deals from Boater's World. Made even better with the 0% financing, which I paid off before any fees were due.

This model MR4B came with one of those water-resistant mouting boxes that I mounted over the helm station. Easy to use, and when the faceplate is removed, a red LED flashes in the box so it makes it look like the boat is alarmed. OK, just checked, they don't have the 'full package' anymore, as least on their website.

This is the head unit I bought click here. It came with just 2 speakers, so I added 2 other 6" round ones by Sony, that were billed as waterproof. The JBLs sound nicer, but I am sure that is becuase they are reflecting off of the interior. The Sonys have been fool-proof to date out in the cockpit, mounted low on the side bulkheads of the cabin rear.

JBLMR4Wstereo.jpg

Plus I LOVE IT with the wired remote that lets me run it from my 2nd control station :D !
11077.gif

Uncle Matt":1mt1w9hf said:
I hope I don't get into trouble here for posting this. I've bought all of my electronics from Jim at www.boemarine.com
He has the best prices around and he ships overnight.

Not at all!

We welcome CP'rs buying from BOE and believe he gives a CP discount too!

Back