raised engine and WOT red line question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSW

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2110 with a carbed 175 hp SW Series II. Steadily making improvements, I've added a new prop (15 pitch Quicksilver Q3) and permatrim and like the changes. Just moved the motor up one hole so now two are showing at the top and I'm going to test it out on Sunday.

It's a max 5,500 rpm motor. Before raising the motor at WOT I got 5,400 to 5,500 and 38 mph. I've read raising it will increase my rpm. What do I do if it can rev above 5500? On a test run do you stop the throttle at 5500 or let it go a little over the max to note what's possible?

Raising the motor for less drag, better handling, and better economy. I don't plan to ever go over 5500 other than possibly this one test. Most of my usage is low rpms or around 3,800 and I rarely run above 4,500.

So what should I do and look for if it will rev over 5500?

Thanks for your help, great site and I've learned a lot here.

The proper sequence is to raise the engine until the anti-cavitation plate rides on top on the water then choose the prop that gives you the rpm range you need. After you set the correct height you may need to increase your pitch to reduce the RPMS because of less drag.

b94784e2ed20313bf995201409d7f301.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back