• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rare - inboard DIESEL Parker, deep-V 25-footer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
Link and photos courtesy Capt Kevin (Megabyte):

Nice, huh? Dang, newer motor too!

Attachments

• P-Diesel1.jpg
    P-Diesel1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 996
  • P-Diesel2.jpg
    P-Diesel2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 996
Nice! I know that you guys like the pilot houses, but I'm partial to the walk-arounds.

And just why is it that Parker doesn't want to build any more boats like this? Now this is the kind of boat that I like to fish off of.

Charlie
Eden, Maryland

The diesel is sweet. I wish that parker made more of them with a complete pilot house. That thing has to get unbelievable milage

I would LOVE to get my hands on that 2330. That things is sweet!!!

Seems like a lot of boat for a single 200 though. I wonder how she performs.

gw204":aygst9iu said:
I would LOVE to get my hands on that 2330. That things is sweet!!!
Seems like a lot of boat for a single 200 though. I wonder how she performs.

Probably not a speedster, but if you raised the motor and propped her right, it should be fine until you were ready to upgrade.

That Diesel must handle beautifully. Nice how they raised the deck and moved the engine fwd. My Mercruiser inboard is further aft with a v-drive and engine box. Why doesn't Parker build these with an original -equipment diesel??? (i assume it had a gas motor when new) A single diesel is probably comparable price-wise to twin OB's, but much better fuel economy.

"Why doesn't Parker build diesel inboards?"

Because they don't sell.
Over the years, Parker, Regulator and even Grady White have
built various versions of diesel IB, gas IB stern drives etc.

Last effort I know of Scout tried a diesel IO, complete sales failure.

You're right about the lack-luster sales of inboard powered boats in the past, but it's interesting how many on CP seem so enthusiastic about them. I still think with the cost of 2 big outboards it makes sense to revisit factory inboard Diesel power option, especially with the newer Diesels available.

I spoke with Linwood Parker at the New England boat show about the inboards and why he stopped making them years ago. He said he liked how the boat ran, and balanced out with the motor further forward, but he said the handling characteristics of a single inboard and to some extent lesser performance steered people toward the more familiar outboards.

It still strikes me to see 30-40 foot boats with several outboard motors instead a one or two big inboard power plants.

BTW,
You can't group IOs with inboard motors. they are a far more troublesome unit in a saltwater environment than an inboard....I know, i work for a Mercruiser, and Volvo Penta authorized service yard

As much as I like the idea of an IB diesel option, I'm not sure I'm prepared to give up almost 100 sq ft of flat cockpit dance floor.

Attachments

• cockpit.jpg
    cockpit.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 607
Back