Raw Water Wash Down

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv2fish

Reaction score
I was going through my pre-flight checks this week and found that my raw water pump kept tripping the breaker. I pulled out my multimeter to check the wiring and saw the reason as soon as I opened the bilge. I never used the pump but I guess that didn't matter.

8e1e5313fc3fd6835966d40590728eff.jpg

Replaced it and all is well again.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure that will buff out... :wink:

Certainly better to find it during some PM vs when you really need it.

I can barely see the label..... Is it a "Sureflow aka NoFlow" ?

Use a Jabsco Parmax..... Pay close attention as to how it's mounted also.

[quote
INSTALLATION MOUNTING
The PAR-MAX pumps are self-priming and may be locat-
ed above or below the fresh water tank in a dry location.
To
vertically mount these units, it is best to do so with the
motor on top. This will prevent water dripping on motor
in the event of a leak. [/quote]

It's a Shurflow and I just replaced it with the same model. Never thought of changing the model. Someday I want to take it out completely and put a thru hull transducer there.

It's a Shurflow and I just replaced it with the same model.
Ugh!

Yea...boat manufactures are stuck on those....Why ? Obviously they work and are cheaper. But they don't work as well and last as long as the Jabsco's.

Someday I want to take it out completely and put a thru hull transducer there.

That tells me this thing is sitting flat in the bottom of the bilge........ Not a good place.... Bilge water is all over it. :(

warthog5":3opclxmb said:
It's a Shurflow and I just replaced it with the same model.
Ugh!

Yea...boat manufactures are stuck on those....Why ? Obviously they work and are cheaper. But they don't work as well and last as long as the Jabsco's.

Someday I want to take it out completely and put a thru hull transducer there.

That tells me this thing is sitting flat in the bottom of the bilge........ Not a good place.... Bilge water is all over it. :(

Actually the pump is mounted up near the top in the bilge but still subject to getting splashed. The intake is also in the bilge and that is what I want to replace with the thru hull transducer some day.

Steve

Gotcha....

I've done that many times...The intake was mounted on the STB side.... Removed the intake and opened the hole for a X-ducer....Then install the intake on Port side opposite of the X-ducer.

Latest posts

Back