Raw Water Washdown problem

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWL

Reaction score
If I try to use the raw water washdown it trips the circuit breaker. I'm assuming the pump need to be replaced> Anyone have suggestions as to the best pump to use?

Thanks

From my readings and participation in many other boating forums, it seems like all Shurflo pumps, less the Baitmaster Pro, seem to have be replaced on a annual or every other year basis. A few friends using the Baitmaster combo washdown/livewell pump seem to be satsified and get more than a few years out of them.

In regards to washdown pumps, Powerboat Reports, in their Nov 2004 test, said this: "If you have the dough ... and need the flow ... get the Groco!" They liked their C60 and C80 pumps which put out 7.5 gal/minutes, but costs $305 & $399 respectively.

PB Reports also highly rated the Johnson Marine pumps, specifically their Aqua Jet WD 3.4 & 5.0 models. The WD 3.4 model was the only pump in their tests to make or exceed the Mfgr'rs labeling claims for performance. They run $140 to $165 and have a 3-year warranty. Also see this test report on them here.

Now for actual experience with them, my brother's Grady is an '87 and to date it has only ever had 2 washdown pumps installed, both being the Johnson brand pumps. The original Johnson P15 model washdown/livewell pump lasted 14 seasons before it needed to be replaced, so he replaced it with the same model. Sadly, that P13 model is now discontinued :( ... ??

For heavy duty use ... go Groco ... as metal beats plastic! See here.
54485F-p.jpg

Hopefully others will chime in, but that's the only info I have to offer.

i was replacing pumps on a regular basis but then decided to buy a flusher that fits over the hull pick up. about every other trip i run fw water through the washdown and livewell pumps. so far, on this boat, i'm still on the original pumps without a hick up.

if interested you can find the plunger looking flush device at boaters world.

The Groco is sweet. Too bad I don't have the room for it. :cry:

I have a Johnson Aquajet. Third season now and still going strong. Some of the paint is peeling off it, but it still runs like new.

I'm still running the 1996 OEM original Blaster on my boat. Though admittedly, I use it very little.
When the Blaster goes, I'm installing a Groco. :wink:

Image-5C4D0A944F5411DB.jpg

Back