21' SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshuac1980

Reaction score
New to the forum. I've been looking at the 21' SE and figured you all might have a quick answer. Has the hull design changed from the early 2000s to say the mid-teens (2015-2017). I've been trying to decide if I want an older project boat or go with a newer one. I do like the stern seating in the newer models.

JMO, but an early 2000s boat is potentially due for a tank, so make sure it is priced accordingly. The stern seating with the thing in the middle is optional, I believe. It may be more family friendly, but whichever provides better bilge access would be for me. I like the console on the 21 better. The 23 sort of wastes the space under the front-of-console seat, but with the 21 you get a cooler there, I believe.
Only you can determine where you fit on the "spare time vs money" scale.
Good luck in your search!

JMO, but an early 2000s boat is potentially due for a tank, so make sure it is priced accordingly. The stern seating with the thing in the middle is optional, I believe. It may be more family friendly, but whichever provides better bilge access would be for me. I like the console on the 21 better. The 23 sort of wastes the space under the front-of-console seat, but with the 21 you get a cooler there, I believe.
Only you can determine where you fit on the "spare time vs money" scale.
Good luck in your search!
What is the ballpark cost for a tank replacement?

No experience, but it would depend on the work involved. IOW, the tanks themselves go for x dollars per gallon, so you can calculate that. A boat with a T-top would be more than a straight CC, and a pilothouse would probably be cheaper since you only cut the floor and don't have to derig a console.
Say 4-8k. So if you bought one without a T-Top, it would be a perfect time to do a rewire with new pumps etc, and have a new boat for an extra 15-20k if you added a TTopp, nice transducers and electronics.

Adding to what Bodick said. Tank cost's have went Crazy. Called my buddy that builds them and he said $18 - $20 gal now. It used to be $12-$13 before Bidenisum.

On a CC Your getting into wiring. But wait, You Only want a new tank. Yes, but console has to be moved and wiring and control cables restrict from doing that. So Mores hours are spent dealing with the wiring.

Back