Re: Fuel Tank with deck cover removed

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megmac

Reaction score
Hi,
This 2006 2120 SC was just purchased this fall. I am a first time boat owner and have read all the horror stories about the fuel tank and foam issues. Are these photos something that would be considered normal for a boat of this age? There is no strong odor of fuel but I would not say its not slightly noticeable. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image1 (3).jpeg
    image1 (3).jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 291
  • image2 (1).jpeg
    image2 (1).jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 293
  • image2 (2).jpeg
    image2 (2).jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 292
My 1994 looks the same and has the original tank. Replace the o rings on the access plates and lubricate them with dialectic grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same for my tank

I replaced both hatches and sealed them . O rings are regularly inspected and lubed, and rings replaced as needed.

Spring in ASV removed, both fuel pickups replaced and new fuel lines from tank to motor including in rigging tube replaced. Then rigging tube and fuel sender gasket replaced . Switched to 2 micron filter and check filter water bowl often. O ring on fuel fill replaced.

One brand either Tempress or Beckson has a thicker diameter O ring which make a better seal since contact area is larger.

During storage, I pull the pie plate over fuel sender and use a solar fan from Amazon. It blows in the sky and helps aerate the area around the tank and bilge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• thumb_image_1575433118222.jpg
    thumb_image_1575433118222.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 252
Back