Rear seats for 2520 notched transom

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian S

Reaction score
Has anyone made custom seats on the back battery boxes of the 2520 with an open transom? I saw a Stieger at the boat show that had seats that snaped right into the back and had a backrest. That would be great on my boat- would love to know if anyone else has done it.

Brian,,

That's an interesting question. In my case I added a dockbox to provide storage and seating, and in the process pretty much eliminated any possible use of the battery boxes for seating except for 2-year olds and gulls. :shock:

topview.jpg

If you attached a backrest, you'd have to make the seats removable to be able to still access the batteries,,,, or..... switch the hinges on the covers to have them open "inboard" instead of "outboard".

If you used a separate "backrest" attached to the transom, it would have to be "skinny" enough to let the lid swing by when you opened the box.

It's a project with some great potential, and a your efforts could open up a whole new world for those of us with battery-box seating! 8)

Hey Brian

I put an igloo 165 Qt Cooler in between the seats,i removed the splash well guard front on motor and slide it in there on the floor i have cut to size non skid mat so it dont move and if i dont need it there i can remove cooler without having holes on deck!!On some boats they have the handles on the seats on the side just remove the handles and re-insert the bolt and thats that!!!Just an idea that all!!!

Back