Recent 2320 projects

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flaff

Reaction score
Some recent projects on my 2320. Waiting for the rain & windy weather to stop and the closed Grouper, Trout & Snapper season to end. Last (biggest) project coming - mounting EZ Anchor Roller.

Attachments

• Rod storage from Cold Tuna (Small).jpg
    Rod storage from Cold Tuna (Small).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,921
  • Bunk area (Small).jpg
    Bunk area (Small).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,922
  • Cabin with door closed (Small).jpg
    Cabin with door closed (Small).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,922
  • Dri Dek flooring (Small).jpg
    Dri Dek flooring (Small).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,922
  • Misc storage bins & cup holder (Small).jpg
    Misc storage bins & cup holder (Small).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,922
  • Washdown, bait area (Small).jpg
    Washdown, bait area (Small).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,922
Very nice.

I like what youve done for rod storage. I wish there were more options as this is somthing definately lacking on mine.

Did you install a new washdown or just improve your old setup?

That whole set up you have done to that boat is very very nice job very well done!!!Thanks for sharing!!!

Ryan C":7ftelsoa said:
Very nice.

I like what youve done for rod storage. I wish there were more options as this is somthing definately lacking on mine.

Did you install a new washdown or just improve your old setup?

Just organizing & improving.

Ryan C":hae60s5c said:
also how did you make the storage bins?

King Starboard or CPG Seaboard (which is much cheaper). Check your local area for plastics distributors and wholesalers.

DaleH":36h2mhin said:
Ryan C":36h2mhin said:

King Starboard or CPG Seaboard (which is much cheaper). Check your local area for plastics distributors and wholesalers.

1) 4 rod holder from "Cold Tuna" (on-line) has a 90 degree mounting strip alongside the rack that allows for securing into the "overhang" with short SS screws & washers. Plenty strong for 4 reels & 6'-6.6" long rods.
2) Storage bins - Starboard frame already there from factory. For rear bins, got 3 - 12"W x 18"D x 7"T plastic stacking bins from Lowes. Stacked them & drilled thru the 4 corners of each & pinned them with cotter pins to keep them stacked together, yet allow for taking apart & removing if needed. Front bin a 10"W x 15"D x 10"T plastic "tupperware" type container with lid for food/snacks, spare water, meds, etc. Both front & rear bins kept from moving with short strips of starboard, screwed into the bottom of the main starboard frame, wedging them in place, yet allowing for removal if desired.

SOUTHWINS":30vbq74g said:
any photos of the other end of the rod holders

Both ends are identical. The other end is even with the end of the bench seat. These are 2 each of 6' and 6'6" rods

Nice job. You'll enjoy your rod holders. It really frees up the V birth and protects the rods from getting banged around.

DaleH":3juhg7lg said:
Ryan C":3juhg7lg said:

Thank you sir.

21pilothouse":3sncr5oh said:
great work,i hope you dont mind i take some of your ideas and use them on my 2320

dave

Dave, help yourself. I got most of them right here, SO pass them on!!!! :lol:

What size screws did you use to attach the rod holder. I purchased the same one from "cold tuna" but im not really too sure the best way to install it or what size screws to use. Thanks

I too like the rod holder idea but what size screws as I get nervous that I may drive the screws right through?

alwysoffshore61":1bw6wbsg said:
What size screws did you use to attach the rod holder. I purchased the same one from "cold tuna" but im not really too sure the best way to install it or what size screws to use. Thanks

I don't have access to the boat till this weekend & I don't remember offhand, but it was just enough to catch & hold. That cap/walkway around the cabin is thicker than you would think but as soon as I get to the boat, I'll pull one out, measure it & let you know. The rod holders there work great!!

Like captainhix said I get nervous too about drilling right through so i dont wanna use something thats too big. Its also hard to drill holes on a brand new boat haha, but let me know what size screws they were when you get a chance, thanks a lot

Recieved the rod racks from Cold Tuna yesterday. If you think of it, appreciate knowing what length screws were used so I do not come through to the deck. I may just use the shortest possible that come through the the other side of the rack - maybe a 1/4 or 1/2 inch?
Thanks, Larry

Latest posts

Back