Recent Fishing

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Blow

Reaction score
I have been wanting to take my 21SE out for sea bass. I had been watching the forecast a few weeks and 12-1-13 looked good for my first long trip. We left out of Rudee Inlet in VA beach VA at 6AM. We had some NW wind left over form the day before. It was a little bumpy on the ride out to the wreck which was about 62 miles off VA Beach. It took about 3 hours to get there. We immediately started catchig sea bass up to about 4 pounds. The suprise was we were also catching nice trigger fish. We had two trigger fish over 4 pounds we weighed in for citations. We also cauht one nice hake and small bluefish. It slicked out for the ride in that took 2.5 hous.

Wes Blow

Beth Synoweic

Sunset from 30 miles east of VA Beach

Yesterday 12-8-13 we went speckled trout fishing in the Elizabet River that is in southeastern VA. It was a nasty cold rainy day but where we fish we are protected from the wind. The bite was off but we caught about 18 fish with several nice ones, we had thre for release citations. All fish were released and we tagged most for the VA tagging program.

Wes Blow

Hunter Southall

Nice cooler full of fish!

... and here we are up north, gearing up for ice fishing season :(

Nice fish! How do you get involved in tag/release? I'd like to start tagging Stripers, Fluke, and Sea Bass..........

-Mike

Lonesome Drift":2a1rezb9 said:
Nice fish! How do you get involved in tag/release? I'd like to start tagging Stripers, Fluke, and Sea Bass..........

-Mike

http://www.littoralsociety.org/index.ph ... an-tag-too

We've been tagging for these guys for probably 10-15 years. I think we have over 600 tags in the water, 32 have come back.
All fish we have tug were done so in South Jersey or Montauk. Fluke, seabass, and stripers. Have had some recaptured as far north as Rhode Island and as far south as Virginia.
Pretty cool stuff.

Latest posts

Back