Recessed cleats leaking

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freespool

Reaction score
Any had any experience with this? It appears they are leaking down the middle and into the area behind the refer....

Very surprised that nobody else has had this issue, especially since both of mine on my 2530 are leaking. Unfortunately they are leaking into areas that are not very accessible. In my case one was behind the refer and had been leaking for a period of time.

The way you can tell if they are leaking is to fill the cleat with water. If it bubbles and the water recesses it's leaking.

I called Eric at Parker and he had never heard of this problem. He looked up the part number and the manufacturer. I called Accon Marine at 727-572-9202. They were well aware of the issue and had two solutions.
1. An aftermarket kit that fits over the under side of the cleat and connect a drain line to the bilge
2. A plug that fits into the underside of the cleat.

I opted for the plug. THey are sending them out free of charge.

For the record, the cleat on my boat 2006 2530 is as follows:
8 inch pull up #209-8

Saw this thread a little to late. But anyway, you got the right idea with the drains. Pop up cleats are notorious for leaking, Eric at Parker recommended the same to me too. Mine leaked for a while as well and saturated the carpet on the inner walls on the hull. I opted for the drain style setup haven't had any problems since.

Attachments

• IMG-20130407-00320.jpg
    IMG-20130407-00320.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 113
Back