Recommendation for fuel tank replacement in So Cal

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBH2OMan

Reaction score
Well, it looks like we're going to be replacing the fuel tank. Given that its lasted since 1993 (and the boat has been slipped most of its life) I'm fairly impressed that it lasted this long.

My local boat yard in Santa Barbara, CA is not very familiar with Parker boats. They also pay very high rent (and we have nearly 9% sales tax) so I expect the job to cost quite a bit more to have done here than elsewhere.

Can anyone recommend a shop in Southern California for a fuel tank replacement job? I'll happily trailer it 100 miles to have a shop thats done work on Parker hulls before (and maybe save a few thousand).

While I have it out, I may consider also replacing the small narrow Stainless Marine bracket with something that has more flotation (any recommendations?) to get the scuppers up out of the water.

Pull a pie plate and see if it’s a RDS tank. My 95 2530 has the sticker on it still. I emailed them and they sent the tank drawing. They may be able to fabricate it and ship it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would start with Eric Hermann at Executive Yacht
http://www.executiveyachtandship.com/

They are a Parker dealer in Oxnard and do all kinds of modifications to Parker boats (@nextlevelparkers on Instagram).

I've met him a few times at sport shows and bought some parts from them but have never had any work done on my boat by them yet. Super nice guy, very approachable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

fannin":3kpkjhv6 said:
Pull a pie plate and see if it’s a RDS tank. My 95 2530 has the sticker on it still. I emailed them and they sent the tank drawing. They may be able to fabricate it and ship it.

I have drawings from both Parker and RDS. Interestingly several dimensions differ between the two by 1/4" (with the RDS drawing being the larger of the two, but RDS says those differences don't matter.

WestCoastNut":2rc7pdtj said:
I would start with Eric Hermann at Executive Yacht
http://www.executiveyachtandship.com/

They are a Parker dealer in Oxnard and do all kinds of modifications to Parker boats (@nextlevelparkers on Instagram).

I've met him a few times at sport shows and bought some parts from them but have never had any work done on my boat by them yet. Super nice guy, very approachable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I actually bought the boat originally (used) from Eric. Yes very nice guy. But he farms all the work out to the local boatyard around the corner from him last time I checked.

Back