Recommendation on AM/FM Stereo Antenna

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara F

Reaction score
I just installed an AM/FM Bluetooth Stereo in my boat. Does anyone have any proven experience with and can recommend a good AM/FM Antenna? I tried a diepole antenna but it doesn't work all the great. Thanks!

Mine came with a flexible rubber side mount antenia that seems to work well. To be honest though, I don't use the radio much as I'm usually streaming Bluetooth radio or iTunes. I like how it is mounted and its out if the way. As the boat is in the driveway I'll go out and take another pic of it. Don't know the brand but I'll look and see if it's marked. 1st pic is an old one.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 258
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 255
I have a Shakespeare 5235-XT 8 ft Galaxy AM / FM Antenna and it works pretty good. I can get radio signals 35 miles offshore. It is heavy and every now and then the ratchet gets loose and it falls down.

Windknotnc, thanks. I actually looked at a Shakespeare antenna tonight. I think I am going to go that route. Apprecreciate all the feedback!

I have the shakespeer 3 ft on my 2310 1t works well I had the one that stics to your glass it was terrible

My antenna came in today from crutch field and I am so glad I plugged it into the stereo and held it out the window before cutting a hole in the boat. I normally don't talk like this but. IT SUCKS.

HOTPURSUIT":v1ml5r1e said:
My antenna came in today from crutch field and I am so glad I plugged it into the stereo and held it out the window before cutting a hole in the boat. I normally don't talk like this but. IT SUCKS.

Sorry you had such a bad experience with it. I feel kinda responsible. Looks like mine but can't be sure. I really rarely use the FM so I guess I should try mine again to see how bad it is. The few times that I did use the radio, I just don't remember it being that bad?

I have been following this thread also as I will be installing my radio in the next few weeks.

I ran across this splitter while researching for an antenna and am thinking hard about giving it a try. Does anyone know if this is a bad thing to do (will it interfere w/ VHF). The reviews are pretty good and it would save me from having to put more holes in the roof.

Anyone familiar?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DVPS4PO/ref ... HQB8Q9L4OV

shawnee83":2s4hj7mc said:
HOTPURSUIT":2s4hj7mc said:

Sorry you had such a bad experience with it. I feel kinda responsible. Looks like mine but can't be sure. I really rarely use the FM so I guess I should try mine again to see how bad it is. The few times that I did use the radio, I just don't remember it being that bad?

Hey don't feel that way brother, its all good

All, thanks for all of your ideas and comments, I really appreciate it. I finally decided to purchase an 8' AM/FM dedicated antenna. I figured I would always wonder if made the right choice if I went with something else instead and since the wire chases were already open, I went with the dedicated antenna. So, with the radar dome, 2 VHF antennas, 2 GPS antennas and now an 8' AM/FM antenna the boat will look like I am trying to communicate with Mars (mostly for CG Auxiliary work). Splashing the boat this weekend and I am very excited that a new boating season is finally here. Safe boating to all and fair winds and following seas!!!!!!!!

I did try the splitter it didn't bother my vhf but it had poor am fm reception my 3 ft shakspeer works well off my hard top

Back