REELTIME REPORT: Nice Schoolies and a Few Trophys Too!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReelTimeCapt

Reaction score
We'll with no charters booked for the day and everyone on Thanksgiving Break, I asked my brother to come down with his step son and friend for a day of Rock Fish Action. 1st Mate, Carl joined us and we scooted away from the dock mid morning.

Our 1st objective was to put Zach and Andrew on their very 1st Stripers ever: CBBT Schoolie Action !!!

IMG00005.jpg

And here they are, each with their 1st Rockfish! Congrats Zach and Andrew!!!

After the current quit at the CBBT, Team ReelTime reached into our bag of tricks and managed to put Hank Dunton (the Captain's Brother) on this nice 44" Trophy:

DSCF0005.jpg

IMG00006.jpg

Congrat's Bro !!!

(I've only been trying to set a trip up for you for 2 years! LOL!)

Then, lo and behold, Mr Carl Lohafer just happened to be On-Deck and what do you know ?

FISH-ON !!!

DSCF0010.jpg

PIC-0081.jpg

Carl skillfully landed this nice 43LB 15OZ Weight Citation - Congrats Carl !!!

The day was moving on and we stayed out a little later than planned and managed 2 more 44 inchers:

DSCF0012.jpg

PIC-0091.jpg

All in all it was a stellar day and awesome crew!!!

There's more to the story and other reports at
http://www.teamreeltime.com/FishingReports/tabid/126/view/topics/forumid/8/Default.aspx

Good Luck, Tight Lines and See You on the Water,
Captain Fletcher Dunton USCG OUPV

Man, those are some big fish! :D

What do they feel like when hooked? Are they like grouper, which feel like a lead anvil or are they like kings that hit and smoke the spool?

I've never caught a striper.

On light tackle (20LB), they'll strip line but not like as Smoker King. They pretty much do whatever they want to and I tell people to keep the pressure on them especially when the fish finally sees the boat. They usually make several good runs before they tire out. In fact, when we are doing catch and release trips we use heavier rods and circle hooks so that we can land them quicker and release them before they get too pooped...

optimaxfish":3vvo4xof said:
Excellent trip!

ahhhh....no mention of bait? :roll:

Bait is for those that cannot present artificals well :lol: :lol: :lol:

(kidding - I chum, eel or liveline spot for bass too)

optimaxfish":35gmpbum said:
Excellent trip!

ahhhh....no mention of bait? :roll:

That's too funny!!! LOL

We were using live Eels on a 7/0 Gamakatsu Octopus with a 1oz egg sinker in line. The Eels were drifted back behind the boat in the current.

Best Regards to All.

Fletcher

Beautiful fishes!
Ya gotta love the CBBT this time of year! :wink:

Latest posts

Back