Religious Retreat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coachbob

Reaction score
Well I am getting ready to embark on our annual Eastern Shore Fishing Sabatical. Our little band of sealots will be in religious pursuit of Perilichythyhes dentatus for up to 11 days. This eastern shore retreat has been going on for 30 years and our band of brothers has grown to twelve. Some of us will spend 11 days others a week. We bring 4 boats, live in two cabins, fish hard and drink a multitude of malted beverages. I hope to post a follow-up report of our catch when I get back on May 23rd. All kidding aside-- this trip has been a much needed release from the hectic world we all live in. We have a grea time and usually catch our share of fish. We will fish for flounder, black drum and red drum. We would wreak fish for black sea bass and taug, but those fisheries are closed.

Coack, enjoy, be safe and catch a lot of fish. Your post brought back fond memories of when I used to spend a week in Buxton, NC surf fishing with a bunch of guys from the Long Beach Island Surf fishing Club in Harvey Cedars, NJ. We used to have a blast...my uncle did all the cooking (breakfast, lunch and dinner) some of the best meals that I have ever eaten. Oh yea, and a lot of booze (especially, the vodka, a.ka. "an eye opener" according to Uncle Joe).

BTW, how do you like the 2120? I have a 2006 model and I enjoy it very much. Great platform.

Fished 6 days. Mostly in the Oyster Inlet area and once at the 'Cell'. Did well on flounder ranging in size from 18 3/4 to 24 inches. Numbers were good as far as total fish--a lot of throw backs but we average 4 keeper fish per day with 8 fish one day. Did not drum fish because the winds and tides were not the best. Fish caught any where from 17 ft to 39ft drifting off the slopes. I plan on going back to the 'Cell' soon.

Sounds like a great time!

When I was trailering my Dusky, we would stay in the cabins at Cherrystone campground and fish from the Cell to the CBBT (and everywhere in-between).

Good times... lots of fish! 8)

Back