Repair or Replace Trim Tabs....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishPimp

Reaction score
Boys
just got word from my brother the boat levelor trim tabs that came with my boat was found dangling today
(while tight with an 80 lb Blue Fin near wood end light caught on a gray Ron-Z) in case you Cape Cod boys were wondering
Not sure if it is repairable or not. I am not so sure what the size of these tabs are. I know it didnt happen while trailering or off loading the boat.
So I am at a cross roads....
Do I repair or replace with some Tabman Bennets? The LED tab position lights are ever so appealing and I could install some beefier tabs.
If its replacement what do you reccomend for my 23SE?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris,

I don't have a 23SE so I don't have experience with your specific model, but I do have Boat Leveler tabs, and here is what I can offer:

I did an upgrade of my Boat Leveler tabs this spring. Here is a link to that project 2520MV Tab Upgrade

After a season with the 12X18 tabs I can report that it was a "no-brainer" upgrade. HUGE difference in performance with very little in the way of mods to the transom. Left the actuators in the same place etc. The Boat Leveler team was very helpful.

All that being said, I'm sure there are folks here who have converted their 23SE to Bennetts with the same success to report. Bennett has a big following in ParkerNation.

I guess a lot of it depends on how much of an intrusive upgrade you want to make, and how much tab you want to add. Based on my experience I would say you could step up to 12X18 Boat Levelers quickly with only minor adjustments.

Most of the conversions to Bennetts that I have seen posted here have been from Lencos. Bennett makes specific conversion kits for that scenario.

I think the general consensus here is that increasing your tabs from the stock OEM 12X12 tab size will give you improved performance, but there may be a point (which varies with hull size and type) where massive increases in tab size should be tempered with vigilant use.

John

Back