repairing chips on the deck

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flydoc

Reaction score
How do you approach small gouges on the deck. Is that course finish a brush on substance. Does it require alot of prep work? :?:

The chips I've repaired on the deck, I just filled with straight gelcoat. Then I sanded it down a bit. Almost impossible to find. I don't think you will notice a small spot like that.
The other option which I have not done, is to make a mold out of silicone of an area of non-skid and then use that mold to lay on top of the gelcoat repair area.

Where do you get gelcoat to match the deck? By the way how are your trim tabs working? did you install trolling motors on them? I just took my 1800 out for the first few times and I love it! No trim tabs. Just trying to figure out where to fish. I'm in the Peconics. Lots of shallow water. I missed the spring striper run. Just trying to get my skills up and learn how to self -trailer the boat so I can go on some early morning runs when the season heats up again.
Thanks for the reply

Try White Water Marine. They helped me out. See John who goes by the nickname JB. If you have the non slip deck that looks like sand then just sprinkle sone very fine sand into the gel coat. I found that by putting some sand in one side of a box and then blowing on it will seperate the fine sand.

Good luck
Ray

Back