replacement helm chair/storage idea

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyHeck

Reaction score
Looking to change the standard parker helm chair and was wondering if anyone has added a storage compartment under the chair. Also what chair did you go with?

I have a 2003 Parker 2120

not a bad idea either. Maybe ill try this and see how I enjoy it. Can always put it back

Cut out for a refrigerator
3351b9bff666ee34879335b39ca77548.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I removed the Capt chair and now have a 7 draw tackle box with a Capt chair. I also made it 2 inches higher so I can see over the bow without standing. I built a storage box where your feet go witch keeps your knees bent. Left room to put a cooler behind the Capt chair. I will take pictures. I had this picture.

Attachments

• 9506DD9B-1998-4F76-8B9D-E8DC9DF79065.jpeg
    9506DD9B-1998-4F76-8B9D-E8DC9DF79065.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 257
Tough to see what you have from that Martyd.
I am going to put a cheap wooden bar or kitchen stool there when I want to sit. Could use it at the rear station as well. Or throw it in the cabin when its rough... Just boight the boat and have run her a few times standing. Came from a center console with a leaning post.
I found the helm chair took up too much space for my liking.
We'll see...

albiejunkie":avbtkzx1 said:
Tough to see what you have from that Martyd.
I am going to put a cheap wooden bar or kitchen stool there when I want to sit. Could use it at the rear station as well. Or throw it in the cabin when its rough... Just boight the boat and have run her a few times standing. Came from a center console with a leaning post.
I found the helm chair took up too much space for my liking.
We'll see...

I will take more pictures this week. I hated to step down when entering the cabin and then step up to get onto Capt chair. The seat on port side in cabin has a ledge. So I put my left foot on ledge and right foot on to the storage box I built and then sit on Capt chair. It can all be done in 2 seconds. Being 63 with bad knees helps a lot and not having a rear steering- I can move the boat quickly. I like that. Lol

Back