Replacing straps on cockpit Bimini

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to replace the stern straps on my Parker Bimini (2320SC) with rigid stainless struts. The straps are constantly flapping around. Any reason not to do it?

Nope. I would still lay it flow for towing, beware of gel coat rubbage. You would have to tie the struts to the other bow and pool noodle them.

I want to replace the stern straps on my Parker Bimini (2320SC) with rigid stainless struts. The straps are constantly flapping around. Any reason not to do it?
My vote is for S/S struts. They are by far the strongest option. But I'm not sure I understand why your straps 'flap around'? When using straps they are easily tightened, (With the adjustable tensioners) and once you twist them a few times there is no flapping, and no vibration (It's why car/truck antennas have that 'built-in' twist). Over the years I've had fabric straps, s/s and/or aluminum struts, nylon straps, nylon ropes with tensioners, and multiple combinations of 'the above'. All have worked 'ok' and there are pros and cons to all the options. On our present Parker's bimini we have all 1" S/S frames with additionally four struts. It is the best option for how we use this boat. The bimini is super-rigid and stays up even when running full speed, and through any sea-state; there is no movement of the bimini under any of these conditions. The only downside is that it is heavy enough that I need help raising and/or lowering it, and also need help removing it for winter storage.

Back