Repower 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
I"m looking to buy a F-250 4 stroke. I can get a new 2013 for $12800.00 But need a Yamaha dealer to install it for the warranty. The two Yamaha dealers in my town will not do it. They want to sell me the motor with labor $23,000.
Did anyone have this problem ?
Does anyone know of a Yamaha Dealer Or Mech. that i can call . I Live in Dagsboro De.

That price is $5K less than the pricing for a Honda 250hp 4-stroke from Ed's Marine Superstore. For years people would buy from them too and have problems getting them rigged and warrantied.

At that price, hate to say it, I'm not surprised you're having a problem. And last year I was quoted $25K for a Yam F250 installed. Oh and FWIW it 's not a 250hp motor without high octane fuel.

wholesaleoutboardsmotor Is the place that gave me a price just for the Yamaha F-250 XCA. [Shiped] $12,700------------I got a price from Goonies marina. Yamaha F-250 XCA with the new Yamaha 11 S.S. prop that has a clutch. Two new gauges, Shifter and wiring for fly by. All installed. $23,770. I have [had] my 200 HPDI sold for $3500.
Ran it by the Boss. [Wife] and we are still not talking to each other. I sleep on my boat last night.
Maybe she is right and its just to much money!!
My yamaha runs great but i have 1200 hours on her. I just don't know how many hours i can get before i start putting money into the motor. Yes--i service it every year. lower unit oil -water pump -therm.. every two years. fuel filters every year. I now add 1/2 gall.of 2 stroke oil into the gas tank ever time i fuel up -plus i use yamaha add. It never overheated and its proped right. 5200 rpm is about max out. I can get more rpm -when trimming boat and motor.
Don"t know what to do ?????????

Marty D":13v5me3s said:
My yamaha runs great but i have 1200 hours on her.
Heck, that's 1/3rd OR LESS of the useful life of a motor!

FWIW my brother runs 2 old 2-stroke 150hps for anywhere from 100 to 160 or more hors per season and his motors are from 1987!

You do the math ... but regardless, he's well north of ~3500 hours by my estimation. Oh, because we are PROACTIVE about maintenance ... they are flawless!

Is that wholesale outboards motors in North Carolina? For the price they are selling it for take it there and have it installed. I think that price is to good to be true.

I know its a great price. You have to add the prop $770 Cables-shifter-two yamaha Gauges $1500.00 Plus Labor. You will be in for $18500. -if a yamaha dealer didnot install- You will void your 3 year warr...... You will save $5000.000
That how it all started. I told my wife it was $12,000 and I was going to install the motor.

Dale, you may be right!! Guys like us take care of our toys. I don't go offshore anymore. Maybe i'm putting 50 hours or less on the motor. I could get 3 or more years, if i don't WOT !!!!

Now --to get the wife to talk to me again.. I was hard on her!!!!!!

Marty D":41zh87p7 said:
Now --to get the wife to talk to me again.. I was hard on her!!!!!!
You're on your own ... If you were broken down offshoreI'd tow you in pronto.

This? You're on your own ... :shock:

Back