Repower 2520 DVSC from twins to single

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Rover

Reaction score
I have 2000 2520 dvsc with twin yamaha 200's and just blew my starboard motor. I am considering all options and was wondering if anyone knew if its possible to repower with a big single using the existing Armstrong bracket ?

Repower with twins is big $$ and for the boating I do, a single is just fine and more economical to run.

Any and all advice welcome !

I'd call Parker and ask. From memory I thought the twin engine brackets have mounts for two engines.

I enjoy my single engine 2520DV. The 250hp Ox66 is plenty of power, simple and economical to maintain.

im not sure if your bracket is like mine, but mine has a solid "lip" across the back with 3 equal compartments. the twins are mounted on the outer 2 compartments, and i would think that if your configuration is similar, you would be able to simply remove the twins and mount a single in the middle compartment. just to be safe though, i would advise checking with Parker for issues such as stability, shaft length and weight distribution. plus, i doubt your the first person to want to do this, i'd bet they have some hints that you might find helpful.

I have been investigating all sorts of lower cost (no such thing as low cost) repower options and came across a pair if 2005 Yamaha F150's with 400 hours and a 90 day warranty.

I can get the pair for $11k with my existing motors as a trade. Seems as though all my controls should work except for the tach.....de-rigging and installing my new motors will $750.

Thoughts ??

Wild Rover":3ek5mjj0 said:
I have been investigating all sorts of lower cost (no such thing as low cost) repower options and came across a pair if 2005 Yamaha F150's with 400 hours and a 90 day warranty.

I can get the pair for $11k with my existing motors as a trade. Seems as though all my controls should work except for the tach.....de-rigging and installing my new motors will $750.

Thoughts ??

i'd do it. is it a dealer selling the motors? make sure that you put as much time on them as possible after the repower so that any issues have a chance to surface.

I would go with the twin 150's as they sound like a deal depending upon the condition of the motors (get a computer run out to see where they spent their time in the rpm band).

If the deal doesnt work out, buying a new bracket would still be less than buying two brand new twins. You still would be less money to maintain and run.

My buddy just did a rebuild on a 225 and all said and done it cost him over $6k and was out of commission 5 weeks.....I want to get back on the water and be done with this. I would always look at the other 11 year old motor as a ticking bomb.

Thanks to everyone for their input.....i went with the f150's. I can use my existing controls (probably not the tach's) and they agreed to include S&S props.

This gets me on the water reasonably quickly and is (hopefully) as good as a new repower at less than half the cost

Back