Repowering with either E-Tec or Suzuki

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaleH":59rk17o7 said:
warthog5":59rk17o7 said:
You will note on Etec site ...they compare to a F300 Yamaha.
Where the Yam is only a ~280-285hp motor unless you run 89-octane or > fuel ... don't forget that!

IMHO it's the biggest sham foisted on the unknowing at best, or ignorant at worst, boating public ... their big V-6 4-strokes only produce their rated HP whilst burning high octane fuel.

Actually a non issue as many of us use ethanol-free which is
available only in mid-grade. Cheep insurance IMO.

btw, 89 octane is mid-grade, not hi octane.

As to comments about Suzuki "swinging a larger prop",
that's true as long as it's understood Suzuki has a
power robbing gear reduction
at base of powerhead. A friend just had his replaced (it grenaded)
to the tune of $4000.

Actually a non issue as many of us use ethanol-free which is
available only in mid-grade. Cheep insurance IMO.

Talked to a very knowledgeable buddy of mine in Ohio....he said there are only 2 or 3 stations in the whole state that carry non-Ethanol.

btw, 89 octane is mid-grade, not hi octane.

Yes....Both Dale and I are aware that 89 is mid grade and 92 is Premium.

------------------------------

I go on the premiss of "Screw me once....Shame on you......Screw me twice....Shame on me."

So...back in '04-'05 era...Yamaha had the HPDI 250 & 300. Do you remember that? Do you remember how Yamaha treated their customers?

Yamaha acted like there was no problem. People with brand new $150K -$200K boats could not even get across the bay with them.

SKA boys were fixed 1st. People were making payments on boats they could not use.

Sure....This is the past.....Failure to read History and we are doomed to repeat it again. This was all over the pages of THT.

Now....I could care less what anyone buys....It's your money. I do have a few ideas....when it would come to buying your used boat that is being put up for sale.

Merc Power.....Not even considered.

E-Tec Power..... Why would I want to back up to 1999.

Back