Revamped Parker web site

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beside the obvious (many 'classic' Parkers in the owner pages gallery there), there were also a few Classic Parker members in attendance :D !

I notice they did away with the 2520SL and 2520SLD. I guess there wasn't a great market for the sport cabins with the notched transoms? I guess they are leaving that to Steigercraft.

Geez, I just bought a notched transom 25 because the bracketed outboards are in the way of my trolling.
I guess it is good I got one while I they were available but now I sort of have a discontinued model.
The website does look better however....

Great website.

Though the only grievance I had was the general lack of pictures. And it seams like its still an issue.

I love the simplicity of it, ease of navigation.

Cheers...

jasperdog":lt0qfjwl said:
Geez, I just bought a notched transom 25 because the bracketed outboards are in the way of my trolling.
I guess it is good I got one while I they were available but now I sort of have a discontinued model.
The website does look better however....

Look at it this way, now you have a ClassicParker! :)

I was surprised to see that Parker dropped the notch option on their 25 SC too. Functionally, I also prefer a notch over a bracket for fishing (but do prefer the look of the full transom). I would imagine that they are only keeping what are the top sellers in their line to try and keep costs down from a production standpoint.

It doesn't really matter because it is the boat I wanted, but I wasn't planning for it to be a classic before it had 10 hours on it. It is sitting in my storage building next to my Regulator 26 and when you compare them side by side it is apparent why the Regulator is more expensive, but when I analyze how much I use the "extra" stuff on the Reg. the Parker makes a lot more sense (for me at least). Sorry to go OT....

I too would think it is a sales/production issue driven by what their dealers are telling them they want. I am all for keeping costs down and the company healthy.

Did anyone notice the yellow logo jacket Linwood is wearing on the last page?
I went to the Parker clothing web site to see if it was something new that was offered, but did not see it.

I want one! :D

I too have the 2520SL and am happy they quit offering it, if anything that will increase the value! Lots of people prefer the notched transom for large trolling set-ups, easy access to land fish on the stern, lighter stern and roomier cockpit. Sweeeeeeet!

Cant wait to see the 34!!!

The site looks looks a lot more polished then the last wsebsite. But....

There are still no pictures of their products :roll:

Do they do this stuff on purpose to get people to want to go to the dealer to check them out in person?

I agree on the lack of photos. I would love to see more views of the product line, as well as some detail shots. Hey, I do photography on the side, perhaps I'll shoot all the photos :D

Attachments

• Parker3.jpg
    Parker3.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 1,738
I just talked to my dealer on another matter and was asking about the 2520SL and said they are still in the dealer book even if they are not on the website.

He said that was his most popular model and he hoped they were still making it and had heard nothing about them stopping.

Foggylink":338ddcwe said:
I agree on the lack of photos. I would love to see more views of the product line, as well as some detail shots. Hey, I do photography on the side, perhaps I'll shoot all the photos :D

That's a nice photo, foggy!

Foggy...

Any special filter used to get that effect from the water ? Unusual and beautiful blue with equally unusual ripples.

Nice boat and great captain, by the way :!:

Mac

Hi Mac,

Not that I am aware of. It was shot with a Nikon D200. No Photoshop. Just one of those shots that caught the light just right. It was late morning if I recall.

Back