Ride of the 2820XL

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMARSALA

Reaction score
I currently own a 2003 2520XL with the 16 degree modified v. The boat fishes great but rides like hell. Does the deeper 21 degree V make much of a difference? I think the entry is the problem with the ride. I am considering moving up to the 2820Xl and would like some feedback.
Thanks

I have a 2520 XLD with 21 degree deadrise. I have taken a ride on a 2520 xl with 16 and it is a completely different monster in seas and weather. Two things you will gain are weight (obviously) and a sharper entry. You are still sitting in the cabin though so it cannot be compared to a center console or anything of the sorts. My 2520 XLD has been through some nasty, and i mean nasty weather and i was very happy to be aboard it and not another manufacturer.

Just my 2 cents!

Scoundrel

Not too sure about "sharper entry", deadrise is measured at transom.

I will qualify that by saying there are a few boat companies selling flat bottomed boats and advertising deadrise at bow, I assume to confuse public.

My mistake, you are correct. I believe what i was attempting to say was that at a cruise pitch the boat would tend to have a softer ride. It does however take more horsepower and more often then not increases the weight coefficient. I hope that i am more clear now.

2820 What do you run for props and trim tabs? TK

Attachments

• Parker Picture 3.jpg
    Parker Picture 3.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 588

Latest posts

Back