Rod storage on console?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipstream

Reaction score
I'm thinking about adding storage for 4 rods on the front of my center console, just below the windshield. The boat is a 23se. I had some mounted to the side of the console, but I got tired of catching a hook on my shirt when I brushed up against them. The seat in front of the console is seldom used anyway.

Has anyone done this?

Any recommendation where to source the rod holder? I did some searching and found a Taco Transom Mount for about $200.

Thanks

Thanks FF,

I wanted storage that would get the rods out of the way when fishing (casting), but still keep them accessible. I find the rocket launcher on the leaning post only good when I'm on the move. When I'm fishing, the rods in the leaning post launchers get in the way.

Boston Whaler did it with cushions too.

console-front-2.jpg

that's close to what I was looking to do. I may try and find a more flush mount option for the starboard side of the console (to the right of the seat). I mounted the rod holders flush to the console, which has a slight flare so the rods were angled slightly away from the console. This made the hook up ration pretty good. You can tell from the pic, but it's hard to see.

On the left side of the console, up higher, I have my i-fly mount, which works well.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 557
Back